Rip-it automated tablesaw fence

I have a Wixey Digital Read Out on my Delta Unisaw with a Delta Unifence. I can set the fence to a position, make the cut, then move the fence to a second position and make another cut, then move the fence back to the first position and make a second cut at this position, and both the first cutpiece and this second cut piece will be within 0.003" of each other when measured with a digital caliper. Other than having the fence move to position automatically, I can't see where buying one of these would be of any benefit at all.  It certainly isn't much effort for me to have to move my Unifence by hand. 

Charley

• Like 1

How much is it?

One day I want a tigerstop system for the slider's crosscut fence, but it would probably be a purchase that came along with the used saw i was buying at the time. Cant say i would ever buy one separately to add to a saw. 

It's cool, but- at least to me- mostly just in that- "ooh, neat, new shiny!!!" sort of way. I don't really see the big advantage of it over a $100 Wixey digital gauge, or a $400 Incra TS-LS fence- both of which are already available (no worries about a failed or shady Kickstarter project team running off with your money...) and offer a high level of precision and repeatability.

Also, based on the design shown- the fence has a flat top and flat sides, which means you lose the ability to use any sort of attachments with it like many other fences offer that have T tracks on the top or sides.

If this was actually in production, I would MAYBE have considered it at the $500 "early bird" price... $800 is really stretching it... and the $1200 supposed retail price is borderline insane.

1 hour ago, Kurt Triebe said:

It's cool, but- at least to me- mostly just in that- "ooh, neat, new shiny!!!" sort of way. I don't really see the big advantage of it over a $100 Wixey digital gauge, or a $400 Incra TS-LS fence- both of which are already available (no worries about a failed or shady Kickstarter project team running off with your money...) and offer a high level of precision and repeatability.

Also, based on the design shown- the fence has a flat top and flat sides, which means you lose the ability to use any sort of attachments with it like many other fences offer that have T tracks on the top or sides.

If this was actually in production, I would MAYBE have considered it at the $500 "early bird" price... $800 is really stretching it... and the $1200 supposed retail price is borderline insane.

And it ain't green.

• 2 years later...

Feed back is good.  Trust me it is not our intention to run off with anyone's money for a shiny new tool.  It's just a really nice accurate automated table saw fence made to fit most tablesaws.  It is a time saver.  Once you use it and trust it,,,it is weird trusting it till you use it once.  Hopefully it will be in production next year.  Thanks to covid 19 this year.  T.V.s cost more...it obviously isn't for big commercial shops that have everything automated it's geared for the normal smaller cabinet shop, production shop, hobbyist. If you're good with your digital read out fences that's awesome.  This is for the guy or girl who wants a little bit easier and faster fence for making a lot of different size cuts.  I got a feeling if you have a chance in the future to try it out you might just see why it's bad ass.  I am biased since my dad invented it 25 or more years ago.  It's come a long way from the original that I still have.  And it will improve more with the ideas and feedback and demand for different options.  Thanks for taking the time to tell your thoughts and thanks to the person who posted it.