Sign in to follow this  
TheAverageCraftsman

My stab at floating shelves

Not exactly a tough project but proved more challenging than I thought it was going to be.  Mainly because of the finish (weakest area for me by far).  Was great experience though and I am going to practice finishing rather than just try out whatever on an actual project. The floating shelf hardware was great.  I had quite a bit of anxiety about getting the holes lined up but technique I talk about in this video makes it a breeze.  Hope you all enjoy it.  All feedback welcome and appreciated.

• Like 1

My greatest challenge of the build would have been my wife being there every second I was at Shelby’s house. Mostly just kidding. Excellent job and video sir! 

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

My greatest challenge of the build would have been my wife being there every second I was at Shelby’s house. Mostly just kidding. Excellent job and video sir! 

Ha!  Thanks for watching!

Excellent video!  Could you please share some info about your Vacuum Cart?

On 6/17/2018 at 10:20 PM, K Cooper said:

Coop,

You ain't the only one :)  AND I Ain't kidding :) 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, Belle City WW said:

Excellent video!  Could you please share some info about your Vacuum Cart?

Coop,

You ain't the only one :)  AND I Ain't kidding :) 

Thanks!

My vacuum cart is a little bit modified version of Jay Bates cart.  You can find that here: https://jayscustomcreations.com/2015/01/make-a-shopvac-and-cyclone-shop-cart/