Bombarde16

Yet another kid-in-shop tale

I love this. Of the 3 grand kids of mine that love to work in the shop with me, only the 13 YO girl shows any kind of aptitude, and she has plenty. But it's always a great time.

• Like 2

Good family fun all around.  Some times you think it isn't going over to well, then you find out they could't wait to tell friends what they did.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Wait a minute, you painted SYP? What a travesty. 

The base is SYP.  The blocks are poplar dowels from the BORG.

• Like 1

I fondly remember many hours in the basement shop with my dad and in my grandfathers shop too. Kudos for including her and passing on some shop skills.

Great project.  I like it.

My 6 year old grandson just had a jump in his attetion span so that he can drill more than one hole on teh drill press and still be interested.  I asked him if he wnated to drill more holes and make a pencil holder,  Yeah!  grabbed a small chunk of 8/4 maple.  I held the combo square while he swiped the pencil along it to locate 8 holes.   Had to help a little to advance the drill bit with the deep holes but he stuck to it and then I let him paint it.  Not sure why he chose pink.  About 30 minutes.  It's starting to be fun.

• Like 1