Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

I know you can’t plane wet wood. But, I wanted to show you what I was cutting today.

Do you think lumber like this would be wroth $5.00 bdft? Woodcraft sell it for $10.00 bdft.

14595597-AF82-4F9B-902B-EA2DF1987314.jpeg

0EAA9824-7788-4F5F-9951-0C1FB7D023A4.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm no wizard Spanky but i think wood that pretty would go for a lot more at Woodcraft and you would have no trouble selling it for 5 bucks a BF, i would charge more to anyone else but me:o

• Like 2

Naa that stuff is only good for pallets but i'll take it off your hands for $4 a BF .... :D joking. $5 a BF seems like a steal.

• Like 2

Well, most of them around here are crying and jumping up and down at $5.00 bdft for any curly lumber. Except, the real woodworkers! :)

20 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

i would charge more to anyone else but me:o

I don’t think Coop, will let me sell to you. :)  I have started trading lumber to Coop for Houston Hats! :lol:

I’m kinda thinking one of these two. As I plan to retire soon, I may have to sell my scroll saw to afford one.

84CA9743-EF0A-4EA4-A80C-257C19BC016C.jpeg.7955ed875d514cae3af2f09a213bcb53.jpegC036459D-E7BC-4A4C-A554-84F71598901D.jpeg.78e77bcba7fbf00f196288a70da11d19.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

When you go shopping Coop remember the best Panama hats come from Ecuador but worth every penny. 

Wouldn't that make them Ecuador hats?  Panama is red.

12 hours ago, RichardA said:

Next we will have to stop calling them Roubo...

1 hour ago, Tpt life said:

"Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth" Elmer Keith father of the 44 magnum. Panama hats, originated in Ecuador and the best ones are still from there.

8 hours ago, Spanky said:

Coop, hats are like women shoe’s. You can’t just buy one!  :o

Not that it's my thing but, where do you buy your women's shoes :ph34r:?

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Not that it's my thing but, where do you buy your women's shoes :ph34r:?

I don’t!  Most women have 500 pairs of shoe’s. So, most men have more than one Fedora hat. ;) I have four.

3 hours ago, treeslayer said:

"Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth" Elmer Keith father of the 44 magnum. Panama hats, originated in Ecuador and the best ones are still from there.

But so far no one seems to get the Panama red part.  Maybe they're all to young.

5 minutes ago, RichardA said:

But so far no one seems to get the Panama red part.  Maybe they're all to young.

A potent variety!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RichardA said:

But so far no one seems to get the Panama red part.

memory is a little clouded but i think i remember:blink:

7 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Best friend from school is Ecuadorian. You missed my point. Sometimes labels don’t reflect total history but rather a well known part. Fact is that fewer Ecuadorians wore the hat than you’d think as many in the mountains wear felt and knit versions. Not necessarily disagreeing more than clarifying that I know what you say. Fact is Roubo built traditional benches. We call them Roubo inspired because he drew them in books. Again, no argument. Just filling out the thought I had.