Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

Yeah, I can see one. To replace the one that didn't make it to the foot of your bed?  Same size?  I still have the plans.

I could easily trade my freeway for one like yours but I have a wife that likes to be around malls and hospitals. Spanky, where do you store your dried lumber or that it we see in the pics? 

I think we’ll be in your area the second week of Sept.. I’ll have to check the tickets. Dine wine sounds fine! 

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I could easily trade my freeway for one like yours but I have a wife that likes to be around malls and hospitals. Spanky, where do you store your dried lumber? 

He has a good size barn for storage.  Allright "garage".

12 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Yeah, I can see one. To replace the one that didn't make it to the foot of your bed?  Same size?  I still have the plans.

No, I don’t need one now.

Just now, Spanky said:

No, I don’t need one now.

You're going to drive me to drink.. Fortunately, it's a short drive.

I've never seen a White Oak with limbs like that, close to the ground.  There is no tree of any kind around here that is close to that size.

1 minute ago, Spanky said:

Rick, we need a pic of you and Coop standing by this tree smoking a Cigar.

Not a problem.

I mearsured this tree a few years ago with a logging tape. I think, it was 12 to 14 ft thur the center of it.

Tom King, I think you and bmac and myself need to try sawing lumber out of a tree like this white oak with a alaskan chainsaw mill. :D

Tom, your job will be to keep 10 chains sharpen that can make a 14 ft wide cut, and be the Water Boy.:o

• Haha 1

I'm as good as anyone at sharpening a chain......or chisel, or plane iron, or handsaw, or.....whatever.    My 066 has a big bore cylinder kit, ported mildly, with muffler mod.  We can hang that on one end.   A couple of 86's would be better though.

5 hours ago, Spanky said:

Tom King, I think you and bmac and myself need to try sawing lumber out of a tree like this white oak with a alaskan chainsaw mill. :D

I'll bring the booze... We're gonna need it.

Here’s a few pics of the lumber out of that spilt maple log. Quarter Sawn.... this log was cut one year ago, it will have more color than a fresh cut log. Some woodworkers like it some don’t. Woodworker’s............:blink:.  No wait, I don’t want to show all my tricks....

47892539-0BC5-4A31-A9CB-0C900EC02FE1.jpeg

2C1CE886-9F4B-47FD-905C-25D0403AE8E6.jpeg

6F2E13E3-8D9E-40CF-AB9F-4093A7DDBE02.jpeg

3B5803F6-4191-425D-8858-8375A68D4183.jpeg

50B678E3-03E7-41DE-BA2C-4F01C767725C.jpeg

• Like 2

Someone should kill all that English Ivy growing around & up that " Birthing Tree "  Ivy kills trees eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wdwerker said:

Someone should kill all that English Ivy growing around & up that " Birthing Tree "  Ivy kills trees eventually.

Thats true.......But, I would say, you would be on the world news tonight with a rope around your neck too..............

Steve might need a couple of more forklifts to cut up, and some cutting and welding to open the throat some more.

• Like 1

Tom, the first time I ran across him on the net, I said, what a pile of junk. He started sawing a huge log and I said that ain’t junk, but it looks like junk.

• Like 1

In the video where he's sawing Live Oak for the guy working on the boat, it showed his controls.   He said he had to just grab one to see what it would do, and I completely understand that.  If I don't run an excavator for several years, I always have to do the same thing for a little while to start with.  His mill has so many handles that it's probably like that every time.