Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

Mark J  I enjoyed meeting you and your wife today, just wish it hadn’t been raining. You need to come back this summer when it’s 95* in the shade and help stack lumber.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, K Cooper said:

That kiln is absolutely amazing. I wonder how much one of them costs with the plates and everything.

Gotta be running a lot of boards to use it, but wow. 

Innovation!

Mark, glad you had a good time visiting with the R brothers! I made two visits to Tennessee in the last six months and I thought I was in Texas with hills. Everyone that I came in contact was very friendly. At the Nashville airport, a gentleman emptymg the trash cans saw that I needed directions and stopped what he was doing to direct me back in the right direction. A young lady desk clerk at the Marriott in Lebanon was on the phone when I checked out so I laid the key card on her counter and mouthed thank you. She called me on my cell phone 5 min. later and wished me a safe trip home and hoped I had a good stay. Darn nice folks and beautyful scenery. If there were just more nurseries there to buy plants :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Mark, glad you had a good time visiting with the R brothers! I made two visits to Tennessee in the last six months and I thought I was in Texas with hills. Everyone that I came in contact was very friendly. At the Nashville airport, a gentleman emptymg the trash cans saw that I needed directions and stopped what he was doing to direct me back in the right direction. A young lady desk clerk at the Marriott in Lebanon was on the phone when I checked out so I laid the key card on her counter and mouthed thank you. She called me on my cell phone 5 min. later and wished me a safe trip home and hoped I had a good stay. Darn nice folks and beautyful scenery. If there were just more nurseries there to buy plants :D

The tree capital of Tennessee. Every Lowes,  Walmart, or Orange place sell trees we get started  here in middle Tennessee.

And then there’s @wtnhighlander , Ross and his son Cody, who unfortunately, I’ve never had the pleasure to meet, who live up the road a tad. Also a couple of great guys. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

And then there’s @wtnhighlander , Ross and his son Cody, who unfortunately, I’ve never had the pleasure to meet, who live up the road a tad. Also a couple of great guys. 

Linda and I have met Cody.   Linda loved him.  I thought he was a cool short person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ken, if you make another trip this way, give me some advanced warning, maybe I can take a day and meet you at Rick's!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

maybe I can take a day and meet you at Rick's!

careful Ross, you're close to @Spanky territory, he'll put you guys to work faster than a jack rabbit can reproduce, seriously that sounds like a great time, woodworkers are the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Ken, if you make another trip this way, give me some advanced warning, maybe I can take a day and meet you at Rick's!

You need Ken to be your protector from me?  Or is he to be a babysitter?  Gee Ross, we don't need Ken to enjoy a beer together.  And I'd love to see Cody again, I'm pretty sure he'd love my house mouse Boo, a 110# Lab/ Newfy mix, and hasn't met any human that he doesn't love. And what's not to love about Cody?   Ross, you are welcome here any day any time, If you don't bring Cody, you'll disappoint me, but you'll disappoint Boo.

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

careful Ross, you're close to @Spanky territory, he'll put you guys to work faster than a jack rabbit can reproduce, seriously that sounds like a great time, woodworkers are the best.

Spanky has no way to make a senior citizen do more than he want's to do.  We cry!  It works.  

• Like 2

If that old boy from Eastern Iowa comes down I hope its good and muddy here. I think I want to wrestle him in the mud. :) Come on down Dave.

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

I think I want to wrestle him in the mud.

now if you include a few of those pretty local girls i'll get in the truck, or if you want to come here i've got a snow shovel with your name on it:lol:

• Haha 1

I have very little experience shoveling snow, I would be a greenhorn at that.  I have never seen a snowblower in person.  

20 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I've been to Tennessee once, quite a number of years ago, but it's also one of my favorite trips ever.  Stayed at a hotel just south of Nashville for the purpose of going to Mule Days in Columbia.  Not one but two! side trips later to visit my buddy Jack, only another hour south of Columbia, a visit to Andrew Jackson's home and a stop and one of the plantation homes (I wish I could remember the name) that claims to have the largest confederate cemetery on  private land not to mention quite a bit of time in Columbia for the original stated purpose - all have left me with the desire to return some day.

And Southern Hospitality is as advertised.  Never have I been treated so kindly, been called Sir by both those older and younger or called "Hon" quite as frequently.  No one made fun of my silly accent either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byrdie said:

I've been to Tennessee once, quite a number of years ago, but it's also one of my favorite trips ever.  Stayed at a hotel just south of Nashville for the purpose of going to Mule Days in Columbia.  Not one but two! side trips later to visit my buddy Jack, only another hour south of Columbia, a visit to Andrew Jackson's home and a stop and one of the plantation homes (I wish I could remember the name) that claims to have the largest confederate cemetery on  private land not to mention quite a bit of time in Columbia for the original stated purpose - all have left me with the desire to return some day.

And Southern Hospitality is as advertised.  Never have I been treated so kindly, been called Sir by both those older and younger or called "Hon" quite as frequently.  No one made fun of my silly accent either.

After the years we've spent here, you have to know, that you are welcome in my house any day.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spanky said:

I have never seen a snowblower in person.  

once your instruction on the snowblower is complete i'll show you how to use a "snow rake" google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

once your instruction on the snowblower is complete i'll show you how to use a "snow rake" google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Treeslayer  I have shoveled snow off a roof.  Lived in NE  Ohio, Buffalo and Watertown NY.  

13 minutes ago, RIW said:

Treeslayer  I have shoveled snow off a roof.  Lived in NE  Ohio, Buffalo and Watertown NY.  

Even less fun than on the ground and a little dangerous too

23 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Dave you boys up north have all the new snow toys. 

Ever driven a pickup on a lake?

I remember seing a picture of a large truck on the frozen Arkansas river. I think that was 90 to 100 years ago. Wonder what it was like in Minnesota then?

21 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

No, I have seen it -10 or so here one time.

28 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Nope, within the last week one went thru the ice. And a guy on a quad runner went thru, both died. The guys I know that do drive with the doors open for a quick escape, if they are lucky