Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

16 hours ago, treeslayer said:

nothing i would like better than a week of hard work in temperatures above freezing, some day i'll join you Spanky

Dave I can see you northern boy’s having a bad case of cabin fever in the winter months. Maybe you can come south sometime soon, when it’s 95* in the shade here. :) You can wear your knee knocker pants and I will wear my knee knocker overalls. :lol: Like Coop.

CDD4BA4E-C744-4FE6-BA63-6E2FAB6C038F.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’ll take 95, drove 120 miles (one way) helped my daughter move from one apartment to another across town, high temperature 5 degrees, worked 6 hours and drove back home, how was your day?:)

• Like 1

Around 45* or so here and sunny. Spanky and I have done a little joy riding today looking at logs. They are all just about out of logs here and so am I too.

Coop was ok with the swinging bridge. But we did look at a couple trees by the swinging bridge, that had the bark knocked off of the trees by the bridge. We both said we would have hated to be on the bridge when they knocked the bark off of the trees with the bridge. I have to many grey hairs for that now.

So Dave you will be ok with me on the bridge with you. ;)

25 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Coop was ok with the swinging bridge. But we did look at a couple trees by the swinging bridge, that had the bark knocked off of the trees by the bridge. We both said we would have hated to be on the bridge when they knocked the bark off of the trees with the bridge. I have to many grey hairs for that now.

So Dave you will be ok with me on the bridge with you. ;)

I’m in, and lets get Coop and Rick on there too, what have we got to worry about

I’m gonna be like a lady who walked up with her husband. He ventured out and she told him it looked real pretty from where she was standing! Someone has to take pics without worrying about dropping the camera! :D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

I’m in, and lets get Coop and Rick on there too, what have we got to worry about

The sudden stop at the bottom.

• Like 1

Coop, Dave and Rick maybe to wild for me on the bridge. I may need to stand on that rock with you and just watch. Somebody needs to tell the story about what happen. :D

• Haha 1

Hey, they don’t call me pecker pole sawmill around here!  They ask how do you come up with all the big logs.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dang weather sounds nice down there. I was sitting out on a lake yesterday for 6 hours and the highest the temp got was -5. Didn't even catch any fish....

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Dang weather sounds nice down there. I was sitting out on a lake yesterday for 6 hours and the highest the temp got was -5. Didn't even catch any fish....

I bet you was in a hut with a heater. :ph34r:

Coop I have 5 bands on the 7 ft butternut. You think it will get to Houston with any bands? ( Truck Drivers) :)

I wish Dave had a family trucking co, so I could ship him lumber too. 

Chestnut I could tell you a few stories about how the ole mtn boys fish. It had something to do with a cap, but you didn’t wear it on your head. I think you used a battery too. :D 

40 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Coop I have 5 bands on the 7 ft butternut. You think it will get to Houston with any bands? ( Truck Drivers) :)

I wish Dave had a family trucking co, so I could ship him lumber too. 

That’s one every 16” or so, heck yeah! 

I didn’t say anything bad about a truck driver!:) The last time I shipped lumber to Houston it got to Houston with no bands on it. Maybe it was the dock boys. :P

I have the last piece of butternut on the lathe, made two large bowl blanks by part it down the middle. Going to try to core one of them. Still have one big ambrosia left to work on. All my shelves are about full of rough turned bowls drying for the next step. Not sure where Id put any more.

89C55D92-02B6-4DC1-BBF1-141D2C4CEF18.jpeg

• Like 1