Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

I’m almost glad I don’t live closer to you Spanky, I would be broke but happy all the time:)

:lol::lol: Dave I have worked harder at trying to get some of your molded and salted down money, than I have on any woodworker.  :lol: I haven’t seen the first dime.

Not sure I could work with that cucumber ... it looks like an eye staring back at me.  Chips of that are some purty stuff.  Looks like what an old hippie would hang on his front porch or maybe use as a necklace.  It'll be interesting to see the boards - I'm sure they won't look the same.

53 minutes ago, Spanky said:

:lol::lol: Dave I have worked harder at trying to get some of your molded and salted down money, than I have on any woodworker.  :lol: I haven’t seen the first dime.

Every time I open my billfold the presidents shade their eyes :o

• Haha 1

You need to let ole Franklin see the light a little more, then he want be hiding his eyes. :)

• Haha 2

Very cool cut. I wouldn't mind having 12 1" think cookies from that tree.  Would make beautiful table chargers.

• Like 1

Talk to me Dave, you in or out on the pickle lumber? :D All woodworkers needs at least one pickle board in the shop. :lol:

C24495DC-DD26-4E0F-97F5-A2F9943EF806.jpeg

32414ADB-8673-4EE9-95E4-AA99FC05A2F3.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

What kind of tree is that Spanky? 

Cucumber Magnolia

40 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Cucumber Magnolia

Well it's beautiful. If I lived closer, I'd be trying to give you my money!

Rick's been bugging me to come make him hate me (after visiting for a couple days).  The regular day job doesn't make it that easy for me but that Magnolia is making me try to think of a reason.  I'd have to drive down and that's not in the short term cards either.  But Spanky and them purty boards is sure making me think hard.  is that 8/4 you're cutting that to?  What's a board like that going to go for - total cost, please don't make me do the per brdft math.

I suppose that's going into the kiln for a while.  When do you think that might be ready?  I have some ideas ...

I'll get my bird house set up for your visit, Byrdie, How high do you want it?:P

• Like 1

It'll be some time before I can explain the joke but I'll be comfortable with the Martins.

7 hours ago, RIW said:

Dave don’t do it .  It’s a trap !!!

yeah, i think there's a hook in that worm:ph34r:

7 hours ago, Spanky said:

Talk to me Dave, you in or out on the pickle lumber?

no pickle for me Spanky, but i may have to move farther away maybe a tent in Chet's yard to avoid temptation, that walnut and butternut and cherry along with a lot of others would keep me poor.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, treeslayer said:

Get some sun screen on the bills.

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

i may have to move farther away maybe a tent in Chet's yard

Tent trailer in the driveway now, rents cheap. 

• Like 1

no pickle for me Spanky, but i may have to move farther away maybe a tent in Chet's yard to avoid temptation, that walnut and butternut and cherry along with a lot of others would keep me poor.

Dave the old boy from the south is not a quitter, you just need to go ahead and ask your wife for some lumber money. :lol: I want tell Coop that you brought some cucumber lumber. ;)

0A3D7FFB-127E-46BE-B324-C06AF82201CE.jpeg

924CE821-7ECB-488C-B228-DAA64DA12FB8.jpeg

yeah, i think there's a hook in that worm:ph34r:

Dave he always throws me a worm on a treble hook.  Gets me from 3 sides.. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I want to show you what I got from Houston today. Talk about a box maker check this out.

E1BDF95D-8FEA-4965-BF2E-F28D0D76CEF4.jpeg

1E13359F-0A9C-44D6-B3B4-1CE7BEA0C3BF.jpeg

1B278F53-EF9D-4C9C-AB39-E840CAD2779C.jpeg

624378E2-A66C-4609-9B06-F1E96418CF62.jpeg

That's a nice looking box Coop.. I will take a look at it next work day at Rickeys..

• Like 1

I had two local woodworkers come by today both of them was wanting rainbow poplar lumber. Now cucumber lumber hotter than rainbow poplar.......:lol: They have never heard of the new tree that just started growing here.....:o 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Spanky said:

I want to show you what I got from Houston today. Talk about a box maker check this out.

Beautiful work @K Cooper, you do great work and make Spanky happy, that's a good thing. care to tell us a little about the construction and what's the finish?