Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

It looks like it. I’ll know how good when I get the sanding done and put some danish oil on it. Should pop even more when I buff it some.

2 hours ago, RIW said:

Put the puzzle back together and got it stacked and stickerd. 75 % of it is crotch. It will be ready this fall. 

Is that wood for the cradle rocker? Also, from what it looks like you got a mixture of 4/4, 6/4, and 8/4, right?

Dale 75% of my half better be crotch walnut to. :P 

That’s what I will be baiting the hook with for cousin Dave. :ph34r:

Bmac I asked you first if you wanted to meet and help cut that huge walnut piece. :)

• Like 1

@RIW, I see a little ocd in that first pic but I guess it’s always best to start level :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

Is that wood for the cradle rocker? Also, from what it looks like you got a mixture of 4/4, 6/4, and 8/4, right?

Bmac I’m not sure what I will use it for. I’ll use when I retire in the next year and half. There is between 175 and 200 bdft. There’s not any 6/4 but the is some 9 and 10.  I’m going to Rickey’s tomorrow and help saw and pick up about another 100 bdft that’s been through 5 kiln cycles. It is 8 to 20/4 . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

@RIW, I see a little ocd in that first pic but I guess it’s always best to start level :D

10 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Coop I leveled the bottoms but put the level there just to make everyone think I was trying for perfect.  

• Haha 2

I wish the Houston boy lived in the county. I would call him everyday needing help. :D

I’d darn sure be there! At my age, I might slow down a bit after the first 10 hours though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

What do you anticipate using 20/4 for? 

Don't know what he's thinking, but I would make it into big turning blocks.  I always have an eye out for something very thick and square.  

12 hours ago, Spanky said:

Bmac I asked you first if you wanted to meet and help cut that huge walnut piece. :)

I remember, I think you suggested we meet in Virginia.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a piece in the shop, and that curly ambrosia is the perfect drawer front material for the piece. I may have to find a way to get more of that, it's like crack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

I remember, I think you suggested we meet in Virginia.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a piece in the shop, and that curly ambrosia is the perfect drawer front material for the piece. I may have to find a way to get more of that, it's like crack.

Hey, just gas the ole truck up, throw a few cloths in the back and head south. It will be down hill all the way to Choo Choo town. You can drop the little woman off at Choo Choo. But it will be up hill from Choo Choo to my house.

You need to post a couple pics of the curly ambrosia drawer front. So, cousin Dave can see it, I think he’s starting to think that all I saw, junk lumber like rainbow poplar and cucumber lumber. I need to make his mouth water a little. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

What do you anticipate using 20/4 for? 

Coop, have know idea. But I have some. 

I have been on the mtn for 3 hours or so going threw log piles. I got three ambrosia maple logs, a few spalted hard maple logs, two curly hard maple logs and three cherry logs one of the cherry logs curly.

114FDAA8-884F-407F-9F86-CD4C625C25D9.jpeg

48DEB826-B8A9-4E37-AE21-C69C292D4665.jpeg

• Like 1

Bmac the walnut and curly ambrosia maple looks good, I like that.

If you will call the ole boy from Houston, he can get you same as free shipping, with his trucking co AAA Cooper......... ;)

8 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I got first dibs on the curly cherry! 

Coop I bought the cherry log in the picture but I think he got two more. You need to make Spanky wear a body cam. Then he can't hide stuff from you. I'm going to start going to the log yard with him. I can be bribed.  Lol

• Haha 1