Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

10 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Well, I spoke too soon about the chair. I glued and clamped the legs to the seat today with epoxy and just took them out of the clamps. Apparently the clamps weren’t aligned correctly and the legs are skewed inward at the top and the backrest no longer fits between the two legs. It could have been worse and skewed the other way with the backrest being too short. Looking back, I should have temporarily attached the backrest during glueup.  I’ll hunt eggs tomorrow and worry about it on Monday. 

Coop have you ever used Hyde glue ?

15 minutes ago, RIW said:

I've started to use it, Old Brown Glue. Haven't used it on any chairs yet but I will likely use it on some rockers this summer. Love the longer set time and the fact you can always "unglue" something. How long have you used it?

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

We may need to get Bmac to teach a class on making the chairs and rockers. I would like to sit in the back of the class room.

I'd be in the back of your milling class.

1 hour ago, RIW said:

No, never have. “Unglueing “ would be awfully handy right now.

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

I've started to use it, Old Brown Glue. Haven't used it on any chairs yet but I will likely use it on some rockers this summer. Love the longer set time and the fact you can always "unglue" something. How long have you used it?

I'd be in the back of your milling class.

I've never used it. I will buy some when I put my chair together.

13 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I’ll hunt eggs tomorrow and worry about it on Monday. 

How much money was in the Golden Egg Coop? :P

Coop here are my back braces and rockers. They hang out on the ceiling just because. 

DD3612B2-83B2-4E18-B3CC-530FC1FC3B9C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

My golden egg was all the vittals on the table and friends and family that came over! 

Nailed it Coop :D

Dave have you made any money today? I think,  I lost two dollars before lunch today and spent $7.00 on lunch.:)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Dave have you made any money today?

Just the opposite of you Rickey made some good money today and only spent 5 bucks on lunch!

6 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Just the opposite of you Rickey made some good money today and only spent 5 bucks on lunch!

Spanky had to have lunch to. 

• Like 2

Dave, I haven't made any money today but I haven't lost any. I did get a call from Dolly Parton first cousin today, wanting to come next week to get lumber. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

I went down Gary’s today and picked up a few bowls. I also, took Gary a few chunk’s of wood. Here’s a few pics of the bowl’s he turned.

482C6C44-0568-474B-A23C-E367983DF70E.jpeg

0697C3D0-2AD4-49F8-886C-89E9DD5807DD.jpeg

F19DC57B-6D43-4311-ACC6-0257D4220DF7.jpeg

8997C5EB-2DA2-4277-AD84-D1193126DF94.jpeg

Nice looking bowls Gary..  I had some Walnut and Spalted Maple for you.  I'll paint the ends and save it until you come here or Rickey goes  there.

It takes alot of wood to dry lumber. I don’t like to chop wood as good as Bmac does. 

• Like 1

Come on Dave tell me a good one, the forum alittle slow! We will see if we can wake it up some. You start it off and I will jump it. :)

Dave look what the Houston Boy got at a Old Hardwood Store. I told him he needed to buy that. Now he’s a logger! 

A2161DA7-16E5-478A-8FC2-DEEB47DC6379.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

I can see him wandering the area, stick in hand looking for standing lumber, if I were his neighbors I would be worried:o

Instructions enclosed..