Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

10 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I bought some walnut for $2 / BF.

Chestnut, you sound like the woodworkers here. I can buy that from Joe Blow for $2.00 bdft but he’s out of it now. :P 

15 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

It's not my fault you live 1,000 miles away. I'd be there to help buy a 16 hour drive is a rough commute just for discounted lumber. Plus i don't know that you'd want to compete with Minnesota prices :P. I bought some walnut for $2 / BF.

Well you don't like curly maple, so you wouldn't help with that, you'd be helping with the Walnut and curly cherry. 

Was that $2 walnut kiln dried? 

14 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Well you don't like curly maple, so you wouldn't help with that, you'd be helping with the Walnut and curly cherry. 

Was that $2 walnut kiln dried? 

Well if i ever get around to figuring out tinting maple I'll like it a lot more..... :D

Naa air dried. It was pretty green yet, doesn't bother me i have enough stash that i can dry my own lumber. For air dried I'd rather pay less and dry it myself. Gives me the ability to make sure that it's weighted right and that it's dried slowly.

16 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Chestnut, you sound like the woodworkers here. I can buy that from Joe Blow for $2.00 bdft but he’s out of it now. :P 

I just wanted to get a rise out of you. It was mill run lumber so it was ungraded and was kinda junk. After waste it came to about $4/bf and i had to dry it myself.

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

Don’t worry about the ole sawmill boy he will get the job done. Please don’t cry at the price! :P Ain’t that nice!

B7DBBFB7-1E20-4539-992D-C8A390D71920.jpeg

60810058-ED7D-4957-8DD5-7FC99BE95AAA.jpeg

10049E11-AAF9-42A8-98D1-3297B60FF499.jpeg

Glad that isn’t my log .  Should be more tiger than that !!!!  

41 minutes ago, RIW said:

Well.......I will be giving your money back on that tiger hard maple! So just come by tonight and get it! :D

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Well.......I will be giving your money back on that tiger hard maple! So just come by tonight and get it! :D

That's going to be some great quilted tiger hard maple..  After mine is dry, if I sold any it would be $ 20.00 bdft or it will sit there.

2 hours ago, RIW said:

Someone must know my password. You know I wouldn't say such ...

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, RIW said:

That's going to be some great quilted tiger hard maple..  After mine is dry, if I sold any it would be $ 20.00 bdft or it will sit there.

What about the poor ole woodworker?  I just can’t do that to the poor working man, but anybody that lives in Houston lookout. :o

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

What about the poor ole woodworker?  I just can’t do that to the poor working man, but anybody that lives in Houston lookout. :o

I should have been more specific and said only to people that live in Houston...

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

I need inexpensive boat lumber! 

I have some cull 3B pallet grade lumber. It may have a hole, in one or two boards. :ph34r: Will that work? 

• Haha 2

Coop you still working? Pretty sure I can come up with some extra tiger hard maple for a Maloof Rocker for your daughter. 

For those that haven’t seen this is how the start air drying the oak  lumber before it gets to the kiln. 

89C10962-8749-44C1-8FCA-A2C3116F972B.jpeg

• Like 1

Coop, will you and Dave help me today on the 24’ pine logs I have three to cut. 8”x 10”x24’ house beams.

85F8BE8E-AB50-4137-8818-06B6E22B1CE2.jpeg

FDFA1CBC-013C-490E-A512-70C78D1A5105.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Coop, will you and Dave help me today

I'll pick Coop up on the way by his house, should be there in 20 minutes;)

• Haha 1

If you don’t hear from me anymore today, you will know the pine logs got the best of me.

11FE7D15-B3AA-46A4-8C29-2B4E543E0C74.jpeg

E66B84EB-965F-4C3F-ABF1-2C6EE1F24454.jpeg

Thanks for the help Dave and Coop......I may need to call on you hardworking boy’s in the future for help. :rolleyes:

2F4C351B-52B1-49EF-BCF8-8A0651FAF1CF.jpeg

26B23F87-234B-40BA-A544-66D98644B939.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, K Cooper said:

For flooring?

Yes Coop that's all for the flooring mill. I would guess there is around 1 million bdft on the yard. 

11 hours ago, RIW said:

For those that haven’t seen this is how the start air drying the oak  lumber before it gets to the kiln. 

89C10962-8749-44C1-8FCA-A2C3116F972B.jpeg

There is a yard like that near where I live, right next to the Armstrong (formerly Bruce) flooring plant. I wonder if they might start selling retail, now that the flooring plant is closed?

18 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Is that the one in the town close to Rickey’s? I saw one like it. 

They are two hardwood flooring plants in McMinnville. That one on the bypass. You came by that lumber yard Coop coming to my house.