Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

Yes sir! I think I passed both going to your house and the motel. It was hard for me to believe that all of that lumber, exposed to the elements, would some day be hardwood flooring. 

You need to air dry oak lumber for a few months before you can put it in a kiln. If I put fresh cut oak lumber in my kiln it will be junk when I take it out. 

I have some of the 9/4 tiger hard maple in the kiln now.

My wife wanting a new coffee table. I think, I will have it made out of black walnut and some tiger hard maple. I can pick out the best boards. ;)

• Like 1

I will pick out the best boards out of RIW tiger hard maple log. :D You want any hand picked Coop out of his log it’s free. Wait you would need to pay for having it kiln dried.

• Haha 2

I just looked up average pricing for kiln drying free lumber and it was $2.28 per bf. Yes sir, I’ll send two trucks to pick it up. RIW can save his time and money;)

10 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I just looked up average pricing for kiln drying free lumber and it was $2.28 per bf. Yes sir, I’ll send two trucks to pick it up. RIW can save his time and money;)

That’s just wrong . Sell my right side lumber..

26 minutes ago, RIW said:

That’s just wrong . Sell my right side lumber..

The right side has the tiger, the left side doesn’t have any. :ph34r: 

Bmac wants his lumber off the right side of the log. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RIW said:

Sell my right side lumber..

Coop, you need to get in on the right side of RIW hard maple log. I promise the right side will be tiger. :lol: RIW wants the left side lumber.

You can have the right side because it was cut on the left side of the mt ..

I’ve decided to make a Krenov cabinet with the tiger maple. Only wood I don’t have is some Apple, Pear, Peach or Plumb.  Any one will do . I’ll decide the combination of wood while it is drying.. 

• Like 1

I have the peach lumber kiln dried. But you will need to work some overtime to get peach lumber!  You know the story on the peach log! :P

11 hours ago, Spanky said:

Coop, you need to get in on the right side of RIW hard maple log. I promise the right side will be tiger. :lol: RIW wants the left side lumber.

Best let @Bmac and @RIW arm wrestle over it. They can do it justice way better than I can! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Best let @Bmac and @RIW arm wrestle over it. They can do it justice way better than I can! 

:lol: Have you seen Bmac arms? The guy chops wood just for fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Bmac, I’m not sure if this tiger hard maple good enough for you? Here’s a couple pics of a short 4/4 piece that I have kiln dried.

8F70457E-ECAB-4F0E-86B8-693B2D42324C.jpeg

643A5268-AB8B-483B-9C90-4C363EF8B866.jpeg

Sweet !!

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Bmac, I’m not sure if this tiger hard maple good enough for you? Here’s a couple pics of a short 4/4 piece that I have kiln dried.

Well I prefer the thicker stuff, but I certainly could find a use for that great looking tiger maple!

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

What you talking about Willis! That’s some good lookin stuff! 

I will be cutting crosstie’s full time next week. Woodworking die’s out in the summer months and want be back till late fall. Part time woodworkers :) want to play at working! :P

Dave, come on down we will see how many oak 7” x 9” x8’ 10” crosstie’s you can stack in 10 hrs. You want need to go to the gym after working all day! :lol:

• Haha 1

Rickey, I built a bulkhead from used crossties several years ago by myself. I used ice tongs to pick one end at a time up. They were also great for moving/dragging from one spot to the next. 

MANY years ago, I worked for a landscape architect, we often used crossties to build retaining walls. The reclaimed ones, I could lift and carry, although the creosote is pretty hard on the skin.

He got the bright idea to buy raw cants and treat them in our shop, hoping for that 'fresh cut' look. One does not lift and carry a freshly-cut oak cant without machinery....

When I was younger, I delivered 5 gallon water bottles for Ozarka. I would carry a bottle under each arm and one in each hand! B) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RIW said:

The Curly Cherry logs made it to my house. It killed me and my wife unloading it. 3 or 4 pcs of 4/4 the rest 9/4. My brother doesn’t know it but he is going to come over next Sunday and help unload the Tiger Maple log. 

1BC6FA5E-C5A1-4898-8CA5-DE027EC1DE18.jpeg

3B13ED50-CEFF-4D21-BC2D-E22E2C4B7F5A.jpeg

Did Rickey kiln dry it or are you air drying? You are stocking up on some nice lumber, but as I always say, you can never have enough.

57 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Did Rickey kiln dry it or are you air drying? You are stocking up on some nice lumber, but as I always say, you can never have enough.

Bmac it's air drying.