Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

@RIW, Did you slice those yourself?

No I always watch Rickey do it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not have him kiln dry it for you? Did you think that Bmac would beat you to it? :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rickey thanks for the tiger maple scraps, I think I will be able to make some fine platters from them. The trip to Scotland was a real adventure, wife and I are wore out. Gonna take a while to process all the shots from the digital Nikon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Why not have him kiln dry it for you? Did you think that Bmac would beat you to it? :)

I’m not in any hurry for it. I have 1500 bdft in my shed that’s dry. Plus it’s cheaper if you buy the log uncut and get It cut.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gary Beasley said:

Rickey thanks for the tiger maple scraps, I think I will be able to make some fine platters from them. The trip to Scotland was a real adventure, wife and I are wore out. Gonna take a while to process all the shots from the digital Nikon.

Gary, I want one tiger platter. I may need to get a couple more bowls from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those spalted maples are going to be a pain, stuffs real soft and tearing out.  But the ones Ive roughed out so far look really good. The tiger is still at 25% rh so will need drying down after roughing out but that curl is going to look killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Nope, I’m woodworking because golf, bowling, tennis only take one ball :o

Your not playing golf right then. Every time i go it takes multiple balls. :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Nope, I’m woodworking because golf, bowling, tennis only take one ball :o

Now that could be a worldwide woodworkers mantra! You’ll be quoted for years to come! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Nope, I’m woodworking because golf, bowling, tennis only take one ball 

I learn so much on this forum.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

I learn so much on this forum.......

Thinking it’s time to take up bowling? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A injector spring broke in one of the injectors on my mill motor. So I think, I will go try golfing with one ball. Dave will they let you golf in overalls and work boots and a Black Houston Hat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our local golf course passed a dress code about a dozen years ago.  Now, wearing a shirt is required.  That's it.  It really is a pretty nice course though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think golfing would be my cup of tea.

I guess, I will just unload the tiger hard maple lumber out of the kiln in the morning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spanky said:

A injector spring broke in one of the injectors on my mill motor. So I think, I will go try golfing with one ball. Dave will they let you golf in overalls and work boots and a Black Houston Hat? 

Did he have one??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RIW said:

Did he have one??

No, they have to order four of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom King said:

Our local golf course passed a dress code about a dozen years ago.  Now, wearing a shirt is required.  That's it.  It really is a pretty nice course though.

Nothing mentioned about pants, though?  :o

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting crosstie’s a job! It’s like logging a steep mtn tract of timber. It’s hard work!

I just want a job like Dave! (Play at working and part time) :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Cutting crosstie’s a job! It’s like logging a steep mtn tract of timber. It’s hard work!

I just want a job like Dave! (Play at working and part time) :ph34r:

You don’t kiln dry those mothers, do you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    28098
    Total Topics
    377033
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21420
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    Rocko
    Newest Member
    Rocko
    Joined