Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Interactions between cousins? 

Coop, I have one Yankee Cousin that I like..........:)

9 hours ago, Spanky said:

Not sure.......

I don't see any sign of the Ash borer.  That's getting harder to find nowadays.

Dave, I have the red gum lumber in the kiln. I want to have it kiln dried, so I can get some of the Houston Boy’s money.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Dave, I have the red gum lumber in the kiln. I want to have it kiln dried, so I can get some of the Houston Boy’s money.

Be easy on Coop, he’s about to retire and will be on a fixed income, red gum is tempting for the right project 

• Haha 1

Need some pics of that wood after it's dry, you might pry some $ from me!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Be easy on Coop, he’s about to retire and will be on a fixed income, red gum is tempting for the right project 

The Houston Boy has deep pockets! I can’t get my hands in my pockets. 

Dave, Coop bringing me a Houston Hat, it will take a truck load of lumber to pay for the Houston Hat. 

A Chevy Traverse doesn’t hold a heck of a lot of lumber, if any, much to my disappointment! We ought to fly in and see Nashville in a Uhaul and drive back with a stash! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

A Chevy Traverse doesn’t hold a heck of a lot of lumber, if any, much to my disappointment! We ought to fly in and see Nashville in a Uhaul and drive back with a stash! 

Rent a trailer.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:26 PM, Spanky said:

Dave, Coop bringing me a Houston Hat, it will take a truck load of lumber to pay for the Houston Hat. 

Miller Hat doesn’t have a 7 1/8 in your style and won’t have for a couple of months. Closest they can come is a 10 1/4 with a chin strap :)

Well....... You mean the world famous Houston Hat Co. out of 7 1/8 size hats. Just move up in price, they have that size! :)

Did you have them measure your head and the size was 10 1/4. :lol: I would call that a Big Head!  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Miller Hat doesn’t have a 7 1/8 in your style and won’t have for a couple of months. Closest they can come is a 10 1/4 with a chin strap :)

No, 7 1/8 Houston Hat, no tiger hard maple lumber going back to Houston. :lol:

I will just send it to Cousin Dave.......

Bmac, I have the red gum (sweetgum) lumber out of the kiln. But it’s like Tom King said the inside on the outside and the outside on the inside. I guess, I need alittle schooling on drying sweetgum lumber.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Spanky said:

Bmac, I have the red gum (sweetgum) lumber out of the kiln. But it’s like Tom King said the inside on the outside and the outside on the inside. I guess, I need alittle schooling on drying sweetgum lumber.

Well I hear it's hard to dry, sounds like you had some trouble. Lets see some pics.

Spanky did you quartersaw that gum or flat saw? I just watched a video where the sawyer was doing a beech log and was of the opinion that flat saw would be a disaster with that wood and was wondering if its because quarter sawn wood is less prone to twisting and distortion.