Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

I get a hardwood market report weekly. The prices in the market report,  what all lumber yards, flooring mills pay for green lumber.  You have a green price and a kiln dried price. 

Dave, do you think the flatland boy from Houston would like to go down the W Road on Signal Mtn, Tn. Look it up on youtube.

The summer of 1980 I came up it in a two ton log truck. You need to be young and dumb to try that in a log truck.

When I built our house, and barn in 1980, I paid $100 a thousand for the green White Oak siding.  I had already built a number of spec houses with that siding, and did for a number of years afterwards.  When I built the last addition on our house, in 2006, it was 1250 a thousand-about 65 cents per lineal foot for 1x6.

22 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Dave, do you think the flatland boy from Houston would like to go down the W Road on Signal Mtn, Tn. Look it up on youtube.

The summer of 1980 I came up it in a two ton log truck. You need to be young and dumb to try that in a log truck.

I can’t tell you how many roads around here have “watch for falling rocks “ signs. I would not want to drive that in a log truck, no roads like that in the flat land, but I hear it can be very pretty down in Texas, someday I may find out. Takes a real man to drive a road like that in a big truck!

3 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Coop, has been on a few good mtn roads.

@JohnG have you seen the spaceship house on signal mtn? It was there when I was a kid.

Sure have! As a kid we used to pass it on the way to my grandmothers and always looked forward to seeing it. It was fun to see and it also meant that we were almost out of the car! 

That’s what she said. She’s been doing a sales gig at Costco for the last week and she said the locals there were as friendly as Houstonians. I found that to be true on my last two visits. So,  I’m returning again next month. However, they are damn proud of the rooms in Nashville. Probably more my fault than not as my wife has mixed feelings about staying at Motel 6. :unsure: