Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

3 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

I've seen his (culled!) cross tie stack. Better than most of the lumber in my stash.

Your young'un even got one of his rejected cross ties as I recall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Yep. No idea what his plans are for that...

I'd love to make a deck bench from it, but soft maple isn't exactly ideal for outdoor applications!

27 coats of outdoor paint would solve the problem til you join Linda and I off planet.

• Haha 1

Cousin Dave, I just wanted to show you what the ole boy’s down south get for being a good boy. I don’t get them but maybe one time a year for being good. 

Looks good! We make a pilgrimage to Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge every so often just for their fried pies. Haven't found any other place besides home cooked that makes them so good. The No Sugar Added fried apple pies are the best.

• Like 2

I had one little boy tell me he didn’t want his name on the butt warmer. If I put it on the butt warmer he would take it off. His mother said his name was still on it. :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Junior hunting with a 410 or 22 rifle? 

Both, this time Ruger 77/22  bolt action .22cal, Leupold 2-7 power compact scope , custom trigger. Otherwise 410 side by side 

• Like 1

I love squirrel hunting. Though I"m a cheater. I hunt the bird feeder in my backyard. Your grandson is lucky to be out in that beautiful country hunting with his grandpa. He'll never forget it and will probably tell his grand kids about it.

Bmac tell us about the big fish that pulled you in the water an then got away? :ph34r:

See Cousin Dave I pick on Bmac alittle too. :)

It came out good on my phone but as it was set on "Live", I'm unable to send it to my email to save and put up on here. Amazing, the money that's on that mountain!!

9 hours ago, Spanky said:

Bmac tell us about the big fish that pulled you in the water an then got away? :ph34r:

See Cousin Dave I pick on Bmac alittle too. :)

Well I got no fish stories because the fish were not biting. The state of affairs with the striped bass populations along the East Coast is not good. The good old days of nailing big fish with regularity are gone.

I guess I always have woodworking to keep me out of trouble.