Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

Not a thing yet. I’ve only been brave enough to run it through the planer a couple of times. It’ll stay stickered until the right project comes along. 

14 hours ago, Spanky said:

Cousin Dave have you been working on my Christmas present?  :ph34r: 

Well.......Not one word from Cousin Dave! :lol:  

Coop, the next time you come in, I will give you Cousin Dave’s tiger hard maple board.

5 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

There should be no such thing as a curly white oak cross tie! That thing needs to be sliced into workable lumber! 

In the morning the cross tie will be sliced up! Coop, show the pics to your wife, she may want a curly white oak table. :ph34r:

Some of the boards would have the ray flecks and curly to. I didn’t know the log was curly, till I cut a few boards off the log. The whole log was curly on all four sides 10 ft long. That log came from the same side of the mtn, that the tiger hard maple came from.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Tom, do you have the shootgun in the pic?

It was a 10 gauge Parker.  I was shown it when I was about 12 years old, but I think that's the only time I ever saw it.  My Uncle that lived in my Grandfather's house, where the gun was, died in 1982.  No one ever knew where it was.  That Uncle, and Aunt never had any children, and when she died in 2004, no one wanted to keep the house up, so it was sold.

There was also a General Store that was just closed up in 1933, and just used for storage.  A lot of the merchandise was in it.  Before the place was sold, we were allowed to go in, and get what we wanted.  I got a bunch of nice stuff, including a big safe, and nickel plated cash register.  Upstairs there were stacks of caskets. 

At the sale, they drug stuff out for two days.  Late the second day, they got to the stuff upstairs.  When they drug those caskets out, they opened them.  The gun was in one of the caskets.  It sold, at the auction, for $3,500, and none of the buyers were expecting it.  There was so much stuff in that building, that I couldn't possibly have looked through everything.

So no, I don't have that gun.

edited to add:   Here are some.  It had Damascus barrels, but wasn't one of the really fancy ones, and had been used a Lot.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/parker-shotguns-antique.c648_p1_o6.cfm

Tom, the name is what Iove to do. I've been raising and breeding  Brittanys for close to 30 years now in between laying bricks, block and stone. Spanky I could have used that curly lumber for the 10 foot table that I am making for the house now.Guess I will have to settle for QSWO instead. Wish it was curly QSWO.

20191116_203727.jpg

20191116_203750.jpg

20191116_203805.jpg

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

In the morning the cross tie will be sliced up! Coop, show the pics to your wife, she may want a curly white oak table. :ph34r:

Glad to see you came to your senses! Now if you only did that to the curly cherry cross tie.

My Father's line has raised dogs for generations too.  My Dad raised English Setters.  The first job I remember being given was to watch the litter, and make sure the small ones didn't get pushed off.

My Wife is animal crazy too.  She was raising Malamutes when I met her in 1976, after spending time growing up on Kodiak, in a Coast Guard family.  We've been raising Havanese since 1997.  www.Starbornhavanese.com

edited to add:  I've laid a few bricks, blocks, and stones too.

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

That's a Relief!

Actually I need to get hold of a breeder in Kentucky to look for a young Female for my kennel. Don't tempt me to much. How many bd. ft.?

Sorry @B1rdhunter all the curly white oak lumber sold. The ole boy from Delaware getting 30 bdft and a guy here buying it all green. Spanky don’t play around with curly lumber. ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, B1rdhunter said:

Don't tempt me to much. How many bd. ft.?

Do you think, I would tempt a woodworker? :ph34r:  Total of 107 bdft. I think, I may have one more log of the curly white oak, but I need to saw it to be sure.

56 minutes ago, Gary Beasley said:

Did you get any decent looking offcuts from that curly log?

No, the woodworkers wanted it all. Maybe the next one go’s to the bowl turners, but I want to get my hands on some of the Iowa money.