Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

6 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Oh yeah, I'm aware that HMR has offices in Memphis, but they are all talk....

Ross, that price list on lumber in the HMR book what all the lumber yards pay for green. It’s also what they sale kiln dried lumber by too. Maybe alittle over the market report. But woodworker’s lumber you add three price’s to it. They just want to buy 20 bdft at a time so they pay the extra money for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Now may be your opp to make a nickel on us city slickers. 

Coop, you are one of the few city slickers that will get his money out to spend. Most are like one of my Cousin’s! :P  I haven’t seen any good walnut logs this fall. 

1 hour ago, B1rdhunter said:

How many hundreds of acres would it take to stack all of that oak? 

I would say atleast 2 acre. :D

Back in the 80’s I was at lumber yards around Hickory, Nc that you needed a road map to get around in.

14 hours ago, Spanky said:

I would say atleast 2 acre. :D

Back in the 80’s I was at lumber yards around Hickory, Nc that you needed a road map to get around in.

Well I should be able to pile up quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

B1rdhunter, are you still in the bed?

Just made my way back to bed a little while ago 

20191211_172410.jpg

• Sad 1

@RichardA I didn’t know you was getting  a new super highway. I went to a pallet shop in Baxter and went threw Smithville.

The ole boy from Houston will be lost the next time he comes in on a super highway out in the country. :ph34r:

Yeah, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen .They're putting in a 4 lane between two,  two lane roads. And in the process they're destroying everyone's property.  They say the reason is, that there have been to many deaths on that stretch.   Idiots.  All they had to do was widen the shoulders.

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

Yeah, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen .They're putting in a 4 lane between two,  two lane roads. And in the process they're destroying everyone's property.  They say the reason is, that there have been to many deaths on that stretch.   Idiots.  All they had to do was widen the shoulders.

Richard is the state doing something to the Smithville Hwy ?

They sure are.  Between the Warren and Dekalb county line up to the wider 2 lane they are turning that section into a 4 lane.  It's about 6 miles of new construction.

B1rdhunter are you starting to get any better? How does it feel to have the little woman waiting on you all the time?  Just don’t ride a good horse to long,  you can kill one. ;)

57 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Bunch of light weights, coming up on 48, and I don’t think I’m the longest on here but I may be close to the top of the pile

Cousin Dave, by the time I got married, you had what 6 or 7 kids? :ph34r::P

23 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

by the time you walked down the aisle i had gotten out of the Army and had 2 of the 4 kids and was sawing boards on an old Craftsman table saw

Years of an old craftsman tablesaw are why I have a sawstop. There were female mistakes in my early years which  were thankfully not life effecting as  that beatch has been erased from my life. Are the shots doing you any good?

9 minutes ago, B1rdhunter said:

Years of an old craftsman tablesaw are why I have a sawstop. There were female mistakes in my early years which  were thankfully not life effecting as  that beatch has been erased from my life. Are the shots doing you any good?

Shot helped some but still not good, Dr. says I have to wait 3 months before he will do surgery, that old Craftsman was my dads, held on to it too long, sentimental reasons I guess but I made a ton of stuff with it. 

Tell him to get that ball rolling 3 months will be up fast. What would he tell you if you destroyed it in an accident? Bet they would replace it. It took me  over a  month  to work into the schedule. 

12 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Bunch of light weights, coming up on 48, and I don’t think I’m the longest on here but I may be close to the top of the pile

It’s starting to look like you are the man,  on top of the pile! 

• Haha 1