Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

No one else comes to mind except maybe Chet and I think he is eons  behind you and Richard? But us Millennials still have the utmost respect for you guys. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I’ve considered it more than once but mine has put up with me for 48 years as well! 

yeah we got lucky Coop, i think you are at the top of the pile if i remember right, it won't be 48 till september next year for us

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

I’ve considered it more than once but mine has put up with me for 48 years as well! 

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

yeah we got lucky Coop, i think you are at the top of the pile if i remember right, it won't be 48 till september next year for us

That's awesome guys!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RichardA said:

And to think, those two are only 30 years old between them.:ph34r:

Not gonna lie when I saw this I thought wow they got married when I was 10 and I've been married for 31 years myself LOL

3 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Yeah @pkinneb it seems like a long time ago but sometimes it feels like yesterday, still waiting to hear from @K Cooper I think he’s the record holder here. 

To be honest I find it refreshing to see that two people will do what it takes to make a marriage work, congrats to you both!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RIW said:

Bmac do you use a resaw king blade ?

I have one on the saw now because I'm working with some hickory and because I had a small log I needed to quarter. It's a nice blade and stays sharp. I don't quite get as nice of a smooth surface when I resaw with it. Guys on this site have turned me on to the Woodslicer blade from Highland Woodworking for the resawing. Leaves a better surface in my opinion on resawing. They are a much cheaper price but they are not carbide tipped like the resaw king. 

I like my 3/4" Resaw King, too, but have nothing really to compare it to.  Any of the magazines ever do a head to head comparison, say 5 different blades with 5 species of wood?

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

I have one on the saw now because I'm working with some hickory and because I had a small log I needed to quarter. It's a nice blade and stays sharp. I don't quite get as nice of a smooth surface when I resaw with it. Guys on this site have turned me on to the Woodslicer blade from Highland Woodworking for the resawing. Leaves a better surface in my opinion on resawing. They are a much cheaper price but they are not carbide tipped like the resaw king. 

Check the side of your RK for burs and file them down with a diamond plate. Your RK blade should give a better cut surface than a wood slicer. I have both and once i had the RK tuned there is no matching it.

So either I am the only one who doesn't like his resaw king or they changed them. I bought one with my Laguna 16HD 13ish years ago and have never thought it did a very good job. I much prefer the much cheaper Highland Woodworking Wood Slicer Resaw Blades. 

I don’t have one now but I am going to buy one after Christmas. I will get a woodslicer also.  Maybe one of them will cut 300 bdft of tiger maple without problems. 

12 minutes ago, RIW said:

Maybe one of them will cut 300 bdft of tiger maple without problems. 

I need to buy some of the tiger hard maple from you . I think I can sell some of it to  Bmac. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RIW said:

I need another log of it, for just in case. I have saved my egg money. 

I didn’t know you had a basket full of egg money. I need to get some of that. :D 

I can’t get any egg money from Cousin Dave. I think his hens has quit laying. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, RIW said:

I don’t have one now but I am going to buy one after Christmas. I will get a woodslicer also.  Maybe one of them will cut 300 bdft of tiger maple without problems. 

What are you building out of that gorgeous stock? 

As for the blades you can't go wrong with both. Would love to hear from your experience cutting with both. The Resaw King with it's carbide tipped blade is a great all around blade that stays sharp forever. But those woodslicers impressed the heck out of me.

19 hours ago, pkinneb said:

So either I am the only one who doesn't like his resaw king or they changed them. I bought one with my Laguna 16HD 13ish years ago and have never thought it did a very good job. I much prefer the much cheaper Highland Woodworking Wood Slicer Resaw Blades. 

I'll tell you Paul, I don't think you are the only one, I do prefer to have the Woodslicer on the saw over the Resaw King. That blade is impressive and I like the fact that it's only 1/2" instead of 3/4". That makes it more versatile, just doesn't stay sharp. I always have 1 or 2 on hand now. 

20 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Check the side of your RK for burs and file them down with a diamond plate. Your RK blade should give a better cut surface than a wood slicer. I have both and once i had the RK tuned there is no matching it.

I'll have to do that, I can't say I get a bad cut now with the Resaw King, it's just not as nice as the Woodslicer. Did you have trouble in the past with the Resaw King breaking? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

I'll have to do that, I can't say I get a bad cut now with the Resaw King, it's just not as nice as the Woodslicer. Did you have trouble in the past with the Resaw King breaking? 

Yeah broke about 4 of em.

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

...I'll tell you Paul, I don't think you are the only one, I do prefer to have the Woodslicer on the saw over the Resaw King. That blade is impressive and I like the fact that it's only 1/2" instead of 3/4". That makes it more versatile, just doesn't stay sharp. I always have 1 or 2 on hand now. 

Yep I'm with you. I usually by them in three's and probably go through 2 a year.

Where do you guys buy your resaw king blades ?  Also does highland ever run free shipping ?

I got my RK direct from Laguna and they made it custom for my 116 1/4 inch saw (I had to call for the xustom size).