Tennessee Curly Cherry

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here a couple pics of curly cherry lumber. Look at the outside of the boards in the first pic, thats what a curly tree will look like.

I want to show you what I got from Houston today. Talk about a box maker check this out.

Put a few more sticks of lumber up on the rails.

Posted Images

I know I have some pictures of that Crow somewhere, but couldn't find them.  I remembered that Pam has a Puppy Video with the Crows eating on the deck.  If you don't want to watch the whole video, they show up at about 3:30.  These are all black puppies, but they come in all colors.  Notice right at the end that they are trained to litter boxes.

Coop I called about some material handling equipment for my mill. They want $80,000.00 for it. ( I started crying like the ole boy from Eastern Iowa does, when he’s asked to get his money out) :lol: So being a redneck hillbilly, I’m building my on material handling equipment. 

• Like 2

Your going to need the gear ratios on the transmission first before you can answer that.

Third gear speeds gonna be about 673 rpm, multiply that by the circumference of the rollers to get your inches per minute how fast the ties will rocket off the conveyor. Thats with the sprockets swapped to slow things down.

9 hours ago, Spanky said:

Coop, using a 34 tooth sprocket on the transmission and a 13 tooth sprocket on the roller with a 1750 rpm motor will the rollers be to fast or to slow in first gear on the transmission? Houston I have a question! :D

I think I don't know the answer to that one!!

If you were closer, I'd loan you the magnetic drill press for that job.  You could turn a steel plate into a mount for that transmission.  It'll drill up to a 1" hole through thick steel without stepping up bit sizes, and exactly where you want the hole.  Also, pretty larger holes with holesaws.  It will tap up to a 1" threaded through hole.  It won't do stopped threaded holes, or it would just snap the tap off.

If you need any taps up through 1", don't buy them.  I can send those to you on loan.

• Like 1

Coop, that’s how you make a spiral roller with a stop plate at the end of the rollers. That will make the tie’s and lumber spin off on to the green chain with no hands on the tie’s or lumber. If you wrap the rollers the right way.