Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

It’s like a Tractor Supply Store but alot better and cheaper. I think we have three stores in Tn.

9 minutes ago, Spanky said:

It’s like a Tractor Supply Store but alot better and cheaper. I think we have three stores in Tn.

They must all be on your side of the river. I never heard of them, either.

8 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

They must all be on your side of the river. I never heard of them, either.

They are all in East Tn. A hour drive for me to get to one.

I went to their website and they have 110 stores in 13 states, the closest to me is Muscle Shoals Alabama, 554 miles. That would be a good day trip and maybe worth it as they carry everything. Wish we had one closer. Spanky, what did you buy? 

Some grade 8 bolts, three boxs of #60 roller chain, three packs of half links, three packs of master links, big bag of peanuts, candy. That’s just what I got and my wife got a few things.

• Like 1

I got a Rural King flyer a few weeks back, My neighbor saw it and has been going once a week buying feed for his critters, Cattle, hogs, chickens, ducks, goats, dogs, horses and mules.  He tells me it saves him a ton of money compared to the local Co-op.

8 hours ago, Coop said:

I don’t see a secrete hawk deterrent. 

They sell guns, steel traps at Rural King. You being a Texas Cowboy they sell lasso rope’s too. Just lasso that hawk off the top of the birdhouse. :ph34r: Ship the hawk to Eastern Iowa.

8 hours ago, Coop said:

I don’t see a secrete hawk deterrent. 

I would put a cooking stove heating element on top of the birdhouse. For the hawk to sat on, but it would be red hot. He want try that but one time. :lol:

You’re a man of many trades. Not bad rod burning there! Pretty good bead. 

Motor’s on it’s way. Our microwave just went out but the turntable motor’s still in good shape. :D

• Haha 2

My wife would tell you that I can do anything that I want to do. But she would also, tell you ( if I wanted to do it) if not I can’t do anything. ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coop said:

You’re a man of many trades. Not bad rod burning there! Pretty good bead. 

Motor’s on it’s way. Our microwave just went out but the turntable motor’s still in good shape. :D

Forget the turntable motor.  Save the turntable.  They're great for finishing small pieces.  

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Forget the turntable motor.  Save the turntable.  They're great for finishing small pieces.  

Mark J, if the Houston Boy backs out on the free motor,  he will get a Hillbilly Head Rooking forsure! :D

• Haha 2

I had it out by the curb and a fellow came by and offered me a buck and a quarter for it. 

Coop, can you tell me how to wire this electric motor? :ph34r: A ole country boy don’t know how. :D

BF6FE2DC-40A0-4990-BB20-A07BE738DD95.jpeg

Yes sir! Simply remove one of the domed shaped covers and find your hot lug. They all look alike, so just pick one and attach the hot wire of your 18 ga extension cord. Attach the neutral to one of the other lugs, I understand that it doesn’t matter which one. Then, if you have a green wire on your cord, use an alligator clip to secure it to the outside of the motor or just cut it off. I hope I read the schematic correctly. Let me know if it doesn’t work and I’ll have another look. For others with less knowledge of electricity, please disregard. :D

• Haha 1

Cousin Dave, I’m out of logs, we have a lite dusting of snow on the ground and I have a bad case of cabin fever. :P 

Plenty of wood up here, found these beauties at the lumber yard today 10’ long 16 1/2 wide cherry and walnut, didn’t bring them home was buying Sapele, hard maple and some cherry3FC711FE-D45F-494D-8E1E-276E6126272C.jpeg.8296a94d8df18ed95c348cf124d536f0.jpeg

• Like 2

What does a 10 ft long 16 1/2” cherry and walnut board sell for per bdft at your store? That would take a big log to cut a board that wide.

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

What does a 10 ft long 16 1/2” cherry and walnut board sell for per bdft at your store? That would take a big log to cut a board that wide.

Cherry is $4.07 BF and the Walnut is $6.10 BF you can add about 2 bucks a foot to each for long but I think that starts at 12 foot and longer, still good prices I think, I’ve posted pictures here before of the supply he has, claims to have a million BF total in two buildings

Dave I’m spending what little money I have on the live rollers that I’m working on. See if you can get, you and me on the free ad blocker. All I can see are electric motors and wood-mizer ads. :D

Rick, what are you working on now?  I need to stop by and see you sometime. We can talk about the Houston Boy and Cousin Dave. ;)

I just finished a construction pine CD book case for a neighbor, and that soft Maple I got from you last year is going to be a side table to replace Linda's computer desk.  Come on by young'un.  You're always welcome here.