Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

Rick, what are you working on now?  I need to stop by and see you sometime. We can talk about the Houston Boy and Cousin Dave. ;)

S*#t and sawdust will run deep. Wear boots! 

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:46 PM, treeslayer said:

Cherry is $4.07 BF and the Walnut is $6.10 BF you can add about 2 bucks a foot to each for long but I think that starts at 12 foot and longer, still good prices I think, I’ve posted pictures here before of the supply he has, claims to have a million BF total in two buildings

Damn, walnut is$8.00/BF for the lousy stuff and $10/bf for anything decent in Minneapolis.

8 hours ago, Ronn W said:

Damn, walnut is$8.00/BF for the lousy stuff and $10/bf for anything decent in Minneapolis.

next time you come thru we will have to go wood shopping !

Great offer, I may consider that.   It's just that my V-hicle is not near as large as I would like it to be for a serious wood buy.   I guess a little walnut is better than not at all.

From Minneapolis to Iowa via Nashville. Your coffee must be darn good? :D

Coop, I just ordered a new baker infeed log deck for my mill. I have the live rollers, now I need a outfeed lumber green chain. It just take’s paper to buy it, you don’t need any Gold......:)

I just started getting quotes to add a bathroom and patio to my house. I was planning on coming to the mountain on my knees, asking for finance. Maybe I shouldn’t head in that direction? ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spanky said:

Rain Rain here, I think, I need to take up woodworking. Dave what’s good for cabin fever?

Whittlin'! Shave a few sticks at the kitchen table, the Mrs. will have you back outside in no time.

Rain or shine! ;)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Coop said:

I just started getting quotes to add a bathroom and patio to my house. I was planning on coming to the mountain on my knees, asking for finance. Maybe I shouldn’t head in that direction? ;)

You better go see my cousin in Eastern Iowa. He has the money in a rathole, but good luck on getting any of his money. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Whittlin'! Shave a few sticks at the kitchen table, the Mrs. will have you back outside in no time.

Rain or shine! ;)

You are wanting me to get that big goose egg on my head. :D

• Haha 1

I’ll just go to Bank of SouthAmerica to see if they’ll extend me the credit. Probably not since my maiden name is Cooper. 

After you pass 50 years old. You are like a old truck you have a lot of wear and tear. You need to go to the shop for repairs 2 to 3 times a month. I have been out in the sun all my life,  all day long and have sun damage skin that’s turning into skin cancer.( But it’s the good skin cancer)  The doctor wants me to wear long sleeve’s and a Huge Houston Hat now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary Beasley said:

A nice mexican sombrero will keep you in the shade.:rolleyes:

I think, I will stay with the Mennonite Houston Hat. 

Coop, what did Dave say about helping you out on the bathroom and patio? It will be hard to get all the salt off his money. :ph34r:

I hate to hit on friends and family. I’m going to wait until June for the project so I can sell tomatoes on the curb to finance it. 

It’s been a strange weather year. I plant twice a year and the last was Labor Day and I’m still getting one or two a day from that planting. It’s gonna be hard to pull those up in a week and plant more. There’s still a 1 pound or better that’s still green. May have to have fried green tomatoes Friday morn for breakfast. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, B1rdhunter said:

I would spend cash for some good fresh home grown tomatoes right now.  

One Iowa boy free with his money and one Iowa boy tight with his money. :D