Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

We are in a hell of a better shape than thousands 25 and 30 miles North of us.  Mostly we got heavy rain and high winds, but next to no damage.  Thank's for askin.

• Like 1

Coop, would you believe that Spanky and I, are having to hid in a cave, because we are the one’s that have been hoarding Toilet Paper? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Sounds good, have you been playing it safe down there?

I sure hope so.

7 hours ago, Spanky said:

Coop, would you believe that Spanky and I, are having to hid in a cave, because we are the one’s that have been hoarding Toilet Paper? :ph34r:

The cave at the end of your road? :D

He'd need a rope for that, and he's old.  Not sure he could handle that up and down trip to often.  Besides, his wife knows where to look for him.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Spanky said:

you still kicking alittle?

yeah, just laying low like everyone else, yard work and shop projects going strong.

Rick, did you have any wind damage last night? It woke me up around 2 am this morning, I was starting to think, I needed a hole to get in.

Yeah, I lost an Apple tree, and the wind destroyed a chinese rose bush. I spent most of the day cutting and hauling it all to my burn pile.  Other than that, garbage cans and chairs all over the place.  The worst part was no electric from 2 AM til 10 AM.  a camp stove made coffee and breakfast for Boo and I.  The phones and internet were out til 1:30 this afternoon.    You doing alright young'un?

We were due some of that, rain mostly but, rain gauge showed probably 10 drops per square yard. At least it dropped the temp to the mid 60’s for a few hours. 

Wind missed us, mostly. A few branches and a tree or two down in the area. Local High School lost an awning. I was just grateful to have a few hours of pollen-free sunshine this morning.

Got the lumber price book out of the mailbox today. Cherry going down, red oak and white oak lumber going up.

I’ll take a truck load of cherry! Is there walnut to be had? 

6 hours ago, Spanky said:

@wtnhighlander are you at home on vacation now?

Nope. Still going to work, so far. We are considered and 'essential business'.

16 hours ago, Spanky said:

Got the lumber price book out of the mailbox today. Cherry going down, red oak and white oak lumber going up.

I just found this forum and joined today. I live on the Cumberland plateau and I gather relatively close to you and other members. Do you have kiln dried local hardwoods for sale?

Thanks

Welcome bud, I live close to you as well, and in answer to your question, Spanky does pick out the best logs he can find, saws them his self, and has his own kiln.  90% of what he sells is all furniture grade local hardwoods. And, he's a hell of a nice guy to deal with.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Welcome bud, I live close to you as well, and in answer to your question, Spanky does pick out the best logs he can find, saws them his self, and has his own kiln.  90% of what he sells is all furniture grade local hardwoods. And, he's a hell of a nice guy to deal with.

I appreciate the response and very excited to join the forum although I don't have much knowledge to offer.