Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

We hope to visit some Civil War Battlefields this fall and I can probably make sure you are on my route. Only problem is I would have a 10 foot camper in the bed of my truck which would make hauling lumber difficult.

23 hours ago, RichardA said:

Splain yourself. Why?

I don’t have time to cut lumber for everybody. I have a pallet shop and a hardwood flooring factory that will buy all I can cut,  plus all the cross tie’s I can cut. Plus I’m a old man! :)

2 minutes ago, B1rdhunter said:

We hope to visit some Civil War Battlefields this fall and I can probably make sure you are on my route. Only problem is I would have a 10 foot camper in the bed of my truck which would make hauling lumber difficult.

Just my Luck...... I still want get any Iowa money! :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I'm not pulling a trailer down there for pallet lumber or ties. :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Iowa? You going to Amana? Oh, you mean as from @B1rdhunter money? I want to go pheasant hunting with him! 

19 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I don’t have time to cut lumber for everybody. I have a pallet shop and a hardwood flooring factory that will buy all I can cut,  plus all the cross tie’s I can cut. Plus I’m a old man! :)

Understood.  But wait til you get my age and want to start woodworking, who, ya gonna call?

26 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Plus I’m a old man! :)

Old is relative. Compared to your 34 year old wife, yeah you are. Compared to me, you’re still a high stepper. :D

14 minutes ago, Coop said:

Iowa? You going to Amana? Oh, you mean as from @B1rdhunter money? I want to go pheasant hunting with him! 

I would like to go pheasant hunting with him to, but I can’t see the end of a gun barrel anymore. 

Yeah, and he loaded it for you too! He caught onto those levers real quickly. Amazing young man! 

28 minutes ago, Coop said:

If I can get some pheasants around here you would be welcome to come shoot some. How/where are you coming/staying for Amana?

Last time I flew in from Houston. Probably will this time and I forget where we stayed. But by then, I will be retired so everything is open. You find us a place and I will accommodate. But, the show is in Sept. I think, which is a little early for pheasant, even on a preserve? I would be willing to come back. In season, you find us a place and my treat! 

8 hours ago, Coop said:

Last time I flew in from Houston. Probably will this time and I forget where we stayed. But by then, I will be retired so everything is open. You find us a place and I will accommodate. But, the show is in Sept. I think, which is a little early for pheasant, even on a preserve? I would be willing to come back. In season, you find us a place and my treat! 

My old mind says, that we stayed at a hotel in North Liberty.  I could very well be wrong, since it is an old mind.

13 hours ago, Spanky said:

Coop, you do know if you miss a pheasant, they will cut your shirt tail off in Iowa. So, you may want to bring a few shirts. :ph34r::lol:

As long as they stop short at the shirt tail, i’m Ok with that! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B1rdhunter said:

The way I like to do it is if you miss I get your shotgun.

Damn, we’re talking serious stuff! Maybe I need to go back to SD where the penalties are not quiet so severe! The only one I remember was putting the head of your first kill in your mouth for a photo op. Then there were bragging rights later at the local tavern over a friendly game of craps and a cold brew! 

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Damn, we’re talking serious stuff! Maybe I need to go back to SD where the penalties are not quiet so severe! The only one I remember was putting the head of your first kill in your mouth for a photo op. Then there were bragging rights later at the local tavern over a friendly game of craps and a cold brew! 

What town in SD did you hunt near? I need to go phesant hunting sometime. I've always meant to but ...never got around to it when i lived in ND.

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Keep in mind it doesn't work that way when I MISS or I wouldn't have any guns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We saw those birds all over the place in Scotland, they didnt act like they were too bright. Walked right by one on a stroll outside a B&B.

CF1C4169-220B-43C2-AA8C-1E02831F4B75.thumb.jpeg.ea0779cfe27d2e56559b7544c2faecf7.jpeg

11 hours ago, Chestnut said:

What town in SD did you hunt near? I need to go phesant hunting sometime. I've always meant to but ...never got around to it when i lived in ND.

A small town on Hwy. 90 about 110 miles west of Sioux Falls called Kimball. A family has several hundred acres and operates a preserve there. Highly recommend operation! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

A small town on Hwy. 90 about 110 miles west of Sioux Falls called Kimball. A family has several hundred acres and operates a preserve there. Highly recommend operation! 

We used to hunt some private ground up around Howard north of Mitchell South Dakota. Some of the best hunting for Pheasant and quail I've had was on private ground in Northern Kansas around Agra.

I have hunted Mountain Grouse here and they are hard to kill. They would come up and fly behind a tree and be gone.

This guy releases young pheasants about this time of year and we hunted in Oct. thru Nov so they had plenty of flight time. Not like kicking them in the butt to get them airborne. When pen raised, they put blinders on them, attached thru their nostril holes. You can tell the escapees and older birds in that the holes have closed up, indicating that they are a year old or better. Most of our kills are about 50-50. 

4 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I have hunted Mountain Grouse here and they are hard to kill. They would come up and fly behind a tree and be gone.

You’re obviously not cutting down enough trees! :wacko: