Tennessee Curly Cherry

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here a couple pics of curly cherry lumber. Look at the outside of the boards in the first pic, thats what a curly tree will look like.

I want to show you what I got from Houston today. Talk about a box maker check this out.

Put a few more sticks of lumber up on the rails.

Posted Images

No sir. My lathe is vertical and is called a drill press. 

i told my wife years ago to cut me off if I ever even suggested buying a lathe. Some times I don’t think she knows what one is and thinks I bought one. :(

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Spanky said:

@Bmac you may want to save alittle more of your egg money. I will have some curly white oak lumber. Don’t worry about the Houston Boy getting any, he has all rooster’s and no egg’s! :ph34r:

9EADF355-911C-434A-86A1-3B779E45EAF4.jpeg

Are you going to QS that or is the log too small?

I'm up to my next in white oak, quarter sawed 4 logs 2 years ago and then I got that nice shipment from you this spring. Even though I know it's going to be nice wood, I'm going to have to pass. Maybe you can pry some other wallets open, may take a big crowbar.

19 hours ago, Spanky said:

@Mark J can we talk about you turning a small bowl out of this curly white oak piece?

Well, if your expectations are low enough, I'm sure we can do something :).  I'll send you a PM.  

23 hours ago, B1rdhunter said:

I would not mind a few hundred bd. ft. of curly flat sawn with the quartersawn. :D

Start saving your egg money for some flat sawn curly white oak lumber. You need to call your sister-in-law and tell her you are coming south in the spring. :D