Tennessee Curly Cherry

The mill i have will saw a 36’’ log a and 27’’ wide board. The big mills around here can saw bigger logs but they want cut them. To much time and all the lumber go’s out in sawdust. A 1/4’’ circular mill, four times through a log and a 1’’ board in the dust trailer.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here a couple pics of curly cherry lumber. Look at the outside of the boards in the first pic, thats what a curly tree will look like.

I want to show you what I got from Houston today. Talk about a box maker check this out.

Put a few more sticks of lumber up on the rails.

Posted Images

Spanky, is that your choker skidder?   I don't remember the last one of those I saw around here.   I wouldn't want to be the one to set the chokers in that slop.  I did that some when I was a teenager in the '60's.

2 minutes ago, Tom King said:

Spanky, is that your choker skidder?   I don't remember the last one of those I saw around here.   I wouldn't want to be the one to set the chokers in that slop.  I did that some when I was a teenager in the '60's.

Yes , that’s a cable skidder. If you log in the mtns you better have a cable skidder.

You're crazier than I am, to do that in mountains. Skidder is always downhill from logs?

You stump the trees too??

I like your setup.   I see you haul the skidder on the same trailer you haul logs on.   I've never seen an operation around here like that, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

I started out logging small and moved up to having five or six guys work for me. Did that for few a years. I just play at logging now. I may work one or two tracts a year now. Hey, thats for a young man, I have had one birthday to many now.

40 minutes ago, Tom King said:

You're crazier than I am, to do that in mountains. Skidder is always downhill from logs?

You stump the trees too??

I like your setup.   I see you haul the skidder on the same trailer you haul logs on.   I've never seen an operation around here like that, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

If you, log and want to live to be a old man you better hinge cut you trees.

So you're a total, one man show now?  I can see the attraction of that.   I just hope you are always in a strong cell phone signal range.   What saw are you running?  Here's a picture of mine that was already in here-stump'n, limb'n, and toy saws.  A guy wanted me to try his MS 462CM a couple of weeks ago, and I must say it was the most different saw I've ever run.   I don't really do any logging, but do end up working in trees some.   My family has raised timber for generations, and my Father was in pulpwood, and logging for a while when I was a teenager.CIMG1834.JPG.ed36507849c5a1fd848d61b222e13dd5.JPG

5 minutes ago, Spanky said:

If you, log and want to live to be a old man you better hinge cut you trees.

I didn't know there was any other way, or at least, any other way I'd want to.

I run hopped up Jonsered turning around 14,000 to 15,000 rpm’s. I raced chainsaw in the lumberjack show all over the south a few year’s ago. To old now for that too.  Here’s a pic of a load of black walnut LOGGERS look at that load.

4EA2DFDF-F197-431F-BE37-87CB1541101F.jpeg

• Like 2

That's not overweight?  I'm pretty sure it would be around here.   We're the highest producing timber counties, in both states (here on the state line), around here, and every trooper carries scales in their cruiser.  No such thing as getting by with it.

What do you load your logs with?