Spanky

Tennessee Curly Cherry

7 hours ago, RichardA said:

I  think it's neat how this wood is labeled.  Curly maple, just plain ole good wood.  Ambrosia maple, excellent wood for a higher dollar return.   Wormy maple, from those that just think is ugly.  It's a mix and match.  It is how you sell it that draws the money.

Rick this kind of lumber will sell itself. 

• Like 1

Me thinks you should adjust them up, except for Houstonians! If you only knew what we would have to pay for wood like that, if and when we can get it

:lol: You say that and all the woodworkers. You are cheap but don’t charge me anymore.:lol:  Coop I can’t charge Nashville Woodcraft prices and make them drive 1 1/2 to the country. They drive 5 hrs one way to buy lumber from me. If I had my lumber in a big city I would be the same price. You would be crying! I know what they sell it for.

• Like 2

Here’s a few pics of some of my spalted maple lumber. Still working on trying to make the good stuff. Spalting lumber tricky forsure.

Coop what kind of wood would the yellow board be?

32A744C4-52E5-4F02-AF55-1389864A12A6.jpeg

39A89B62-D209-4042-B6F7-642FD867C63D.jpeg

4B6CB30A-A128-46C3-9F73-31790BDDABC0.jpeg

BBF2D178-5896-4D2D-BFCB-31C117936CB9.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RIW said:

Went to Spankys today and this is what I saw pulling in the driveway..  2 of my favorite woods. Walnut and Curly Maple.  What a salesman!!! 

4A06AB7F-96D7-4FDD-A80F-C679F62921AF.jpeg

Nice,  Do you have a project in mind for this?

Tom, there were a few cold Southern winters back then. My grandmother told me about her uncle moving to Texas by mule wagon. He crossed the Mississippi on ice.

At Memphis.

5 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

And so Ross, if she came to Texas, how did you make it back to Tennessee? 

All my exes live in Texas.

You say that jokingly but unfortunately, mine do too! And to make matters worse, she lives in Austin, if that tells you something! 

I have six exes... Florida 1, Louisiana 2, Colorado 1, Michigan 1,  New Jersey 1.  And the 7th I lost here. In Tennessee.  Grand total, 4, 321 years of hell and 21 good ones.

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

And so Ross, if she came to Texas, how did you make it back to Tennessee? 

It was gradma's uncle that went to Texas. I can't recall if he came back or not. Several siblings in that family.

7 hours ago, RichardA said:

I have six exes...

Rick ain't no quitter. You got it right though, just took some practice.  JlB8w7z.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, I B said:

Rick ain't no quitter. You got it right though, just took some practice.  JlB8w7z.gif

So, when are you gonna visit?

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

So, when are you gonna visit?

I'd like to, one of these days. It's only a couple hours drive. My truck crapped out a few years ago, so I'd have to rent something so you can show me Spanky's setup and I can stock up on some good stuff. After I get finished with this lightbox table, I'm planning on building a mission style bookcase with a couple drawers, this spring.

After that, I probably going down the rabbit hole. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a lathe.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

It's a good thing, I have a magnifying glass.  Lathe Huh?  That's gonna empty your wallet.    Put your cash together, to buy some wood, rent a truck and as they say in fantasy land  "Come on down"  Spanky'd love to meet another woodworker.  And you'll love his operation and his place,  What a view.

• Like 1

Dave I want you to see some of the best ambrosia maple, I guess I have cut and kiln dried. If we was big buddies, I would see that you would get some of my best ambrosia maple lumber. :P

3BE0B908-8578-485B-BEFB-FF5DB4DF3C83.jpeg

5D77ED7D-E0BA-43B4-808D-E9BBCADFEC1C.jpeg

4E8487D5-7B1A-409D-9EC9-1CD15EE1B99E.jpeg

7DF4407C-DB5F-4A49-BC04-9019EBFC0736.jpeg

• Like 2