Cedar Fence Staining

I have a brand new 250 square foot cedar fence and enjoy it's current appearance. I'm searching for stain recommendations that will retain as much of the "new" look as I can get. I've checked Consumer Reports however it seems their recommendations met with very mixed reviews from users.

I know linseed oil is a premier preservative but seems pretty darned expensive for what I need.

I thought I'd check with the pro's for your thoughts.

Thanks 

I used Australian Timber Oil by Cabot ( natural finish) on this cedar gate about 8 years ago and on this cypress chair two months ago. It is the second application on the chair, first was about five years ago. It may be a little more goldish than to your liking? 

D4FBDFC5-4E60-41F3-A0E5-24869CD0247A.thumb.jpeg.f04c6765e7480dba2aaf7a1b92555cc9.jpeg93AFE719-086F-4F55-9384-62658B98CE41.thumb.jpeg.5458e9ef6e4184a89cda12cd5357cee7.jpeg

• Like 2

I have to agree with Richard A.

I live in Kansas and have used cedar on several outdoor projects (porch swing, picnic table and windmill) over the years.  And I have fund nothing in finishes that will last much longer than a year on cedar. If you want to apply more finish on your fence every two years to keep the "new look" then OK, but I'll bet you will soon learn to love the silver grey natural beauty of cedar. LOL

Cedar will last a long time without rot and ruin and retain that grey with NO extra work or expense just fine.

• Like 2