Chip Sawdust

Eastern Washington area

Brand new to the forum, been woodworking off and on for years. I guess I'm intermediate. Bought my first router in the late 70.

Just added a Laguna 1412 to my tool collection and with a lathe I'll have a pretty complete shop. Love working G&G projects but using quartersawn white oak with ebony instead of mahogany.

Always looking for ideas, tips, suggestions and constructive criticism.

1 minute ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Brand new to the forum, been woodworking off and on for years. I guess I'm intermediate. Bought my first router in the late 70.

Just added a Laguna 1412 to my tool collection and with a lathe I'll have a pretty complete shop. Love working G&G projects but using quartersawn white oak with ebony instead of mahogany.

Always looking for ideas, tips, suggestions and constructive criticism.

Welcome to the forum!.  I live on the left side of WA.  There are several of us over  here and I can think of at least 1 in central Wa.  Give us a shop tour, and I am a fan of G&G would like to see some of your projects!  WTO has a lot of great people with a ton of knowledge to share, glad you decided to join!

Bob

Hey thanks Bob, I used to live in Magnolia back in the late 80s while I finished my degree at UW. But I'm happy to be on the less crowded side of the state! 

I do have pics to post and that's a good suggestion. I'll get some up later on today. Here's one shot of part of my busy (messy) work area...

CD30C4BD-FB3B-43A4-BD95-847DF90364FB.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Chip, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome Chip!  I just moved to Montana last year from the West side of Washington.  I still hunt Winthrop when I can tho.

10 hours ago, ..Kev said:

Welcome Chip!  I just moved to Montana last year from the West side of Washington.  I still hunt Winthrop when I can tho.

Hey Kev I'm a Montana native, I bet you're loving it!

1 minute ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Hey Kev I'm a Montana native, I bet you're loving it!

Absolutely!  I'm in Kalispell now..

There's a few G&G enthusiasts on here and a collection of "Jig-meisters" as well.  Glad to have you.  If you search for "Greene and Greene", "Greene & Greene" or "G&G" here you'll find some projects from the past.

Welcome Chip, to the forum. If you discover any comments and or posts on here that you disagree with, please let us know. We’ll do our damndest to sway you in our direction:D

• Like 1

Thought I'd try to show a project.... This is the headboard of a G&G bed frame. Bought the plans, queen size and I'm a Cal King size guy so had to make a few changes. It's a challenge but I'm learning with each thing I do. 

3AE780AB-9C01-4E05-8F7C-F0CB7ACA8F23.jpeg

• Like 1

Hmm I already posted something like that, here's something else... Recently resawed some Ash and cherry for use hopefully next year. Had to get that new Laguna to start paying for itself :)

0C77BA92-A47E-438D-9BA9-57CA9996CEF5.jpeg

FD883E89-7EA4-4E39-ABEE-20F6344233E3.jpeg

Very nice work.  

My squeeze and I frequent Lincoln City as well; we love the Oregon (and Washington and Northern, Central and Southern Cal) coast - I'm writing this with "feet up" in San Diego at my daughter's apartment where we're dog watching.

It looks to me like you'll be coaching us (or at least me) on technique very soon.