Sign in to follow this  
krtwood

Project Wavy Bent

2 minutes ago, krtwood said:

Monday night!  It's a boring one though.  First half stock prep.  If you survive that, the long version of what I wrote above.  I imagine it's going to take a week to get the drawers assembled before things get interesting again.  I would just assemble drawers for five of them to get things moving as the sooner I have something done the sooner the chance to start selling them.  But being able to fit each drawer once and repeat the same thing for the rest with the same setup is kind of the whole point of making 20 of them so I've got to muddle through all of it.  Which means I'm going to have stacks of drawers everywhere, in addition to the boxes themselves stacked up on the table in the other room I normally stack that stuff on to get it out of the way.  I need to build the storage shelves I'm going to store these things on long term so I can free up the table.

Agreed!  I hate building the same thing twice and can only imagine your anguish!

Looking forward to the video!

I'm used to doing a lot more repetition than this with the modular jewelry boxes.  But with those the drawer joinery was box joints and I could cut 30 of them in one pass on the shaper.  In the beginning I used to do them with dovetails but it's been a long time since I did this many!  Now assembly will be easier though as there isn't nearly as much glue surface to worry about.  This is the one time I bring a tv into the shop and just watch a movie I have seen many times to help pass the time.  I don't watch anything i haven't seen before so I keep working and get just as much done but it feels like having the day off.

Gotta love the easy wins.  Slapped together in half a day with pocket screws and what was on hand.  A little spindly but don't care if it sags a bit.  Just need to pick up some ply when it isn't raining.  Will probably get some plastic to cover it as it's close to the water line and the furnace and it will help keep the dust off.  There was a folding table there previously with a pile of junk on it. and my extra dust collection stuff in the bins underneath.  So I captured the space to store them all without displacing anything else, besides the folding table.

storage.jpg

• Like 2

That's great but, thanks for the hint you had a new video up...lol

Ha ha.  It was a hint for me too.  I was like, wait a minute, I was supposed to change the thumbnail on that video before it goes public.  When is that?  Oh, four minutes ago.

• Like 1

I used the CA glue activator and wood glue trick a few times the other day. I think I'd heard about it before but you reminded me about it so thanks.

11 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I used the CA glue activator and wood glue trick a few times the other day. I think I'd heard about it before but you reminded me about it so thanks.

I picked that up originally from Leslie Segrete on one of those home redecoration shows.  I think it was While You Were Out.  

24 minutes ago, krtwood said:

I picked that up originally from Leslie Segrete on one of those home redecoration shows.  I think it was While You Were Out.  

I swear I've seen it somewhere else before as well but maybe not. I used it when i made the boxes that contain the speakers for my most recent bedroom project. It worked phenomenally well.