Reconditioned Festool

pkinneb

I have had my eye out for the 1400 router, but i don't know how they send the emails out but I can be sitting right here at the computer and as soon as one comes in I can click on it and it is sold, so I have kind of quit looking at what tools are coming up.  But last time I noticed a big flow of emails coming from them it was around the time they had come out with the cordless gear and maybe 50% was that stuff.  I see a lot of their lights and the sander for drywall which sort of makes sense, that drywall does is harsh.

Well if you go buy something and return it because you don't like it they take it back look it over and then post it on that website so even a large influx doesn't necessarily mean QC problems. I also think they store stuff for a while and then it hits the beginning of the month and they dump their inventory if they have 1 or 20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceHoleInOne said:

Maybe this has something to do with it............hmmmmmmmmm??????? :D

-Ace-

YET in the years since that video came out, tens of thousands of units (I have no imperial data to support this hyperbole) have been sold to very happy customers..

That dude's a full on troll!

2 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

YET in the years since that video came out, tens of thousands of units (I have no imperial data to support this hyperbole) have been sold to very happy customers..

That dude's a full on troll!

Yet the Festool guys bite every time this is brought up :) 

• Haha 2

What’s Festool’s claim to fame? Euro style dust free job sites. If you did not understand that and purchased a tool that was marginally better than your previous, but paired it badly with a cheap shop vac, I can see that leading the remorse mentioned. I have gotten several unused tools on CL (no green.) I think a lot of people plan projects they never end up doing. AvE was funny for awhile. Green is not the only tool he poo poos. Some of them 30+ years old. He’s more of a “what’s inside” than a qualified “will this last.” I guess only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I'd love to see a video on "dirty secrets inside a saw stop" just to get people's blood boiling.

I wonder why he hasn't done one yet. I too would love to see the video, and people's reactions. I find his channel entertaining and at least somewhat informative.

1 hour ago, drzaius said:

I wonder why he hasn't done one yet. I too would love to see the video, and people's reactions. I find his channel entertaining and at least somewhat informative.

Probably because it won't fit on his bench. That and it is an expensive tool, and i don't that he gets monetized very well beings that he jokes about being demonetized all the time and claims to rely on patron.

I just got like 15 at once. I wonder if it has something to do with returns to stores and people send a lot in at once? Or do they resell those in the store? I need to pull a trigger on a vac but the email and the cash don't ever seem to line up. 

I hate that guy with the dirty secrets of a $1000 saw thing. People like this are not providing anything useful to the world. I've just really had it with people making big deals out of things that don't matter in an attempt to sway people or make a profit while real actual issues are ignored because everyone is too busy focusing on the BS things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

I hate that guy with the dirty secrets of a $1000 saw thing. People like this are not providing anything useful to the world. I've just really had it with people making big deals out of things that don't matter in an attempt to sway people or make a profit while real actual issues are ignored because everyone is too busy focusing on the BS things. 

Amen brother!

On 9/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Cliff said:

I just got like 15 at once. I wonder if it has something to do with returns to stores and people send a lot in at once? Or do they resell those in the store? I need to pull a trigger on a vac but the email and the cash don't ever seem to line up. 

So the interesting thing is if you watch to the end and get his conclusion he says it's not a poorly made tool but all in all it's just expensive for a circular saw. He's not a woodworker and doesn't under stand how the system works together  and the benefits of it's dust collection.

Further he praises some parts of the saw for being very well designed and built to last. The parts he nit picks are aesthetic parts that most people that buy festool will never break because they will have a hard time abusing a tool that costs so much.

He did provide a fair bit of useful information in the pair of videos, most notable how the soft start feature helps prevent tripping circuit breakers and that the power factor of the motor indicates that it's efficient.