HELP on a wooden rocking horse

Jbradford

I bought this wooden rocking horse off TH and I am a photographer so I'd like to use it for seassions. But problem is they have painted on it. Is there a way to get the paint off??? And where do I start? Also I'd like to keep the Maine and tail also i love his face features... Which is paint. would it be best to sand everything down even the face??? Any help is appreciated thank you!!! Included is a picture

IMG_20181003_135409.jpg

The saddle is no problem, of course, since you can just paint that whatever color you like independent of the rest of the horse. As far as removing the truck and mountain, I think matching that color will be tough, so to get a uniform color, I'd say the best option is to repaint it all.  

However, you could go a different route and make the horse into a painted horse, by adding irregular patches of white, one of which would cover the truck and clouds. Basically you would be going for this look:

Image result for painted horses

Image result for beautiful painted horse

As far as protecting the tail and mane I would bunch the strings together and wrap with blue painters tape and of course be careful when painting in those areas.