Church Alter plans

rennerw

Or be bold and try sketching your own plans by playing off of a few pictures. A Google image search of key words like " wood altar modern " or whatever style the church wants will bring up pages of pictures for inspiration.  Combine those ideas with measurements you take of actual altars then wing it from there.. Following plans is one thing but building a one of a kind is true creation.

• Like 1

It style also depends on the church's traditions.

Communion cup holder?

Padded for kneeling?

Full width of speaker platform or small & centered?

Free-standing so a person may walk behind it, or permanently  afixed?

Your research will give you the answers you need.

I'm looking for the table that holds the Bible, communion ware (when given), candles and other items like that.  Our church doesn't have a fixed Pulpit.  I agree, I can't stay behind the pulpit either.  I'm not a pastor but, our pastor took a call to Texas and I've been filling in while we call another pastor.  I have to roam when I give the sermon!!

@rennerw almost any table style can work for that. Those I am most familiar with are around 5' long x 2' wide, and standard dining table height, about 29 to 30".

The base is usually "farmhouse" style, with short stretchers between the legs at each end, and a long center stretcher between those. The only non-structural stylistic element that seems common is a scripture carved into the front apron. 

• 3 years later...

When my brother got married, I organized his wedding. I did the decorations, the table decorations, and even picked out the stuffing for the wedding cake. The brother and his wife were so in love that they gladly gave me all duties. Then I had a problem with the altar. I decided to seek help from the pastor in this church. Fortunately, he helped me solve my problem. I think you could go to any church for help. I doubt they’ll refuse to help you because, as far as I know, they never refuse such requests.

• Like 1