Sign in to follow this  
bleedinblue

New jointer season? I think so.

Liz is awesome... She'll figure it out.

When I bought mine it was 10% down, rest was a wire transfer. The check thing seems safer :) 

I just wish I'd been told that the CC charge was (80%) refunded a few days ago.  Had I not read the receipt carefully or had I not emailed Liz, neither of us would have known they still needed payment to get the shipment rolling. 

I know it'll work out in the end, just first world inconveniences. 

2 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

I have heard this happen to others, I would be frustrated as well.  I really don't see why a company seems so reluctant to take a CC for the entire purchase.  Hope you get it sorted out. 

becuase its 3% to the CC company instead of in their pocket...having said that you would think a company as large as this would have that figured into their pricing it is 2018 LOL

In the end once he has the machine all this will be forgotten at least I hope so.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

becuase its 3% to the CC company instead of in their pocket...having said that you would think a company as large as this would have that figured into their pricing it is 2018 LOL

In the end once he has the machine all this will be forgotten at least I hope so.

I get the processing fee, but the way they handle this makes them look like a small company selling at a swap meet.  Your buying a $4000 machine and the fee is $120.  I mean they could just say upfront if your paying by credit card we will be charging you the 3% fee or you can pay by check or EFT and only pay the 3% for the 20% CC deposit. 

You're right, in the end it won't matter if it meets or exceeds expectations 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

I get the processing fee, but the way they handle this makes them look like a small company selling at a swap meet.  Your buying a $4000 machine and the fee is $120.  I mean they could just say upfront if your paying by credit card we will be charging you the 3% fee or you can pay by check or EFT and only pay the 3% for the 20% CC deposit. 

You're right, in the end it won't matter if it meets or exceeds expectations 

Agreed

11 hours ago, bleedinblue said:

I know it'll work out in the end, just first world inconveniences. 

lol, yep 

Times are tough! A few emails and maybe a phone call to settle a 4K machine. ;)

You'll be fine man. :) 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Woodenskye said:

Very murky waters around passing credit card processing fees to the customer.  Some states don't allow it.  Some credit card companies don't allow it.  But what you can do no problem is go the other way around and give people a discount for paying another way.  But you have to advertise the price as including the fees.

And at the end of the dance, how much time did they have to pay their employees trying to avoid the fees while annoying the customer? 

Or they could just make the payment policy very clear each and every time they quote the price.

• Like 1

Before I talked to Liz, while the sale was still active, I added the machine to my cart and began the online checkout process just to check shipping prices. I'm pretty sure I made it to the credit card info and it was just like every other online checkout process.