Peek inside Kitchen Cabinets Made Simple

Gregory Paolini

Very nice preview! When will the book be available?

Thanks! As far as I know, it's availble now. It's published by the Taunton press. Even though I wrote it, I'm personally not selling it (yet), but just thought the preview was kind of cool

I'm sure an internet search of the title will yeild plenty of places selling it.

Best,

Gregory

• 2 months later...

I will pick up a copy. I have plans in the next 2-4 years of building by own kitchen cabinets. Likely a Greene & Greene style - Mahogany and Ebony.

The mystery to me is installation. I can build square cases, face frames, doors, drawers until the cows come home. The challenge for me would be installing in an out of square, plumb, level environment.

Any good books on installation?

Are there professional installers out there for hire? Seems most want to sell you a package (cabinets + install).

• 2 weeks later...

I will pick up a copy. I have plans in the next 2-4 years of building by own kitchen cabinets. Likely a Greene & Greene style - Mahogany and Ebony.

The mystery to me is installation. I can build square cases, face frames, doors, drawers until the cows come home. The challenge for me would be installing in an out of square, plumb, level environment.

Any good books on installation?

Are there professional installers out there for hire? Seems most want to sell you a package (cabinets + install).

In my experience, there are plenty of trim carpenters you can hire to do installations..

Or, You can wait until November 15th - Check out this link: http://www.amazon.com/Installing-Kitchen-Cabinets-Simple-Step-/dp/1600853676/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303902359&sr=8-3

Best,

Gregory

SD, I dont thinkn that you will need the other carpenter. I had never installed a cabinet in my life till I built the ones for my shop. I watched the Norm kitchen cabinets series a few time and enough DIY and HGTV to figure it out myself. It really isnt that hard. Good luck with that..

I have done a couple installs with DIY friends and didn't like the experience much. I would do it again no problem if I was in charge LOL my friends had ideas that just didn't work well so the learning process was painful and because I am a wood worker I got some of the dirty looks from a wife that was not mine :( LOL.

Nice book Gregory! Way to go. Will try to get a copy when I am a little more flush.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! As far as I know, it's availble now. It's published by the Taunton press. Even though I wrote it, I'm personally not selling it (yet), but just thought the preview was kind of cool

I'm sure an internet search of the title will yeild plenty of places selling it.

Best,

Gregory

I recently picked up a copy of your book at my local Rockler store. Your book is straight forward and lives up to

it title. Maybe there will be a new set of kitchen cabinets in my future.

Mike

I recently picked up a copy of your book at my local Rockler store. Your book is straight forward and lives up to

it title. Maybe there will be a new set of kitchen cabinets in my future.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the review! I hope you do decide to tackle a kitchen, it's very rewarding, and the whole reason the book was written - Give it a shot!

Best,

Gregory

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Direct Depot Kitchen
    Newest Member
    Direct Depot Kitchen