Slab Flattening Mill

ben_r_

LINK

slab-flattening-mill-02.jpg

Sure many of you have seen this on IG or Facebook as they have been pushing a few ads for it for the last few weeks. Looks like there is finally a price on it and man they arent playing with this one. Starting price at $700.

What do you guys think? Amazing solution and you're gonna pick one up? Or looks like some 80/20 and a little shop time build and you'll pass?

And in case anyone is wondering:

1) The height of the V Rails are 2.55 inches high.
2) From the bottom of the base V Rail to the bottom of the router plate, the distance is 4.00 inches
3) If you are looking for the recommended maximum material thickness, that is 3.5”. In the event a customer’s workpiece spans the entire tool, then the material thickness is decreased to 3-7/16 inches.

ETA, partial list of routers that have been verified to be compatible with the router plate.

Porter Cable 7518
Porter Cable 7519
Porter Cable 7539
Porter Cable 890
Festool OF 1400
Festool OF 2200
Triton TRA001
Triton MOF001
Bosch 1617EVS (Fixed base only)
Bosch MRC23EVSK
Milwaukee 5625
Milwaukee 5616
DeWALT 618B3
DeWALT 621
DeWALT 625
Makita RF1101

I used this one to take 3/4" off the top of something over 200 square feet of deteriorated, 200 year old Heart Pine flooring.  I didn't need anything else, but it had the floor to rest on.  I think that was about a $15k job, and the jig cost me a sheet of 3/4" Birch plywood, and several Whiteside bits (that stayed in the mail, back and forth being sharpened).

ElamsHouse_Oct._2012_036.JPG

• Like 1