derekcohen

Coffee table for my nephew

Beautiful work Derek, I know you have inspired me to do more complex builds and stretch my limits and learned along the way, well done sir !

• Like 1

Very nice piece. The Jarrah is beautiful & that secondary wood is pretty nice as well.

Thanks for sharing your website! There is more than enough for 2 or 3 books! Maybe more. You should be published. Your body of work is a lot. And you have a full time career also. Thank you for the insight about your father. He clearly influenced your work. Your site has been bookmarked. It will be a pleasure to look at all the treasures...

Quiet an inspiration indeed. Beautiful piece. Your signed and dated inside the drawer, what do you use? 

5 hours ago, K Cooper said:

... Your signed and dated inside the drawer, what do you use? 

The brass plaque was professionally inscribed for me. I recessed and epoxied this into the inside face of the drawer side (as one might do a hinge mortice).

AnotherCoffeeTable9_html_m5eaada27.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 1:28 AM, derekcohen said:

The brass plaque was professionally inscribed for me. I recessed and epoxied this into the inside face of the drawer side (as one might do a hinge mortice).

AnotherCoffeeTable9_html_m5eaada27.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

I did something similar for the name plate on the boat I made for my daughter last year, that I created a journal about here . I was able to order it on Amazon. I opted for screw attachment. 

IMG_20180707_143004638.jpg

• Like 1

Derek,  I just wanted to say two things. #1 I love what your plan looks like so far. And #2, I love Perth!!! I was there in 2015 for deployment and did not want to get back on the ship! Idk if we crossed paths but for what's its worth,  thanks to your town and city for the hospitality!! CHEERS MATE