Coffee table for my nephew

derekcohen

Thanks for sharing your website! There is more than enough for 2 or 3 books! Maybe more. You should be published. Your body of work is a lot. And you have a full time career also. Thank you for the insight about your father. He clearly influenced your work. Your site has been bookmarked. It will be a pleasure to look at all the treasures...

5 hours ago, K Cooper said:

... Your signed and dated inside the drawer, what do you use? 

The brass plaque was professionally inscribed for me. I recessed and epoxied this into the inside face of the drawer side (as one might do a hinge mortice).

AnotherCoffeeTable9_html_m5eaada27.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 1:28 AM, derekcohen said:

The brass plaque was professionally inscribed for me. I recessed and epoxied this into the inside face of the drawer side (as one might do a hinge mortice).

AnotherCoffeeTable9_html_m5eaada27.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

I did something similar for the name plate on the boat I made for my daughter last year, that I created a journal about here . I was able to order it on Amazon. I opted for screw attachment. 

IMG_20180707_143004638.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HI Derek, Great furniture, i came here looking for 45 deg mitre shooting boards! wondering what the one you're using is, any good? having access to a metal milling machine i thought i might try and make a 90 and 45 steel one and that would  give me a more stable and accurate results. Any chance you could post some detailed pictures?

Cheers

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

HI Derek, Great furniture, i came here looking for 45 deg mitre shooting boards! wondering what the one you're using is, any good? having access to a metal milling machine i thought i might try and make a 90 and 45 steel one and that would  give me a more stable and accurate results. Any chance you could post some detailed pictures?

Cheers

Dave

•  

8a.jpg

That is a Stanley #52 shooting board, with the Veritas Shooting Plane (in place of a Stanley #51 plane).

You may wish to read this:  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeTools/ShootingforPerfection.html

and: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews/LVShootingPlane.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e