Workholding Kit

ben_r_

LINK

main_2096-workholding-kit-2-550_1.jpg

This one I just couldnt help but laugh a little at. Seems like every woodworker would already have some bench dogs and plywood laying around and could whip up this setup in an hour or so. Anyone buy this and swear there is something special about it? Worth the $230+ price tag?

I agree on the not needing to clamp for several of the operations they show. But then thats often Woodpeckers gig, building solutions looking for problems.

And screw clamps I feel are making a come back. They really are a useful tool especially for holding work and not necessarily just clamping it.

Yeah this one is out there even for them! When is the last time you needed work holding to sand a raised panel door ;) I use a $1 place mat from Walmart lol

Before I would spend $230 on this I would buy some 2x dimensional lumber and make a workbench...If I had a workbench I can't see a need for this many many cheaper alternatives available

6 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

I agree on the not needing to clamp for several of the operations they show. But then thats often Woodpeckers gig, building solutions looking for problems.

And screw clamps I feel are making a come back. They really are a useful tool especially for holding work and not necessarily just clamping it.

I never thought of them as work holding devices until I saw Shannon do it on one of his youtube videos. After i learned what they were for it just clicked and i use them a lot now. I've never needed more than 2 though.

• 8 months later...
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    luanaroly
    Newest Member
    luanaroly