Christmas gift showoff thread

Denette

38 minutes ago, Denette said:

Took a little finagling to get it to work, but it’s awesome.  Crisp precise details, and it was custom made on the CNC at the plant where he works as an engineer.  So freaking cool!!!

Great look on the brand and that's such an awesome gift.  On a side note someone else here gave me some good advice.  After branding give the wood a light sanding with final grit.  That cleans off the singe marks and really sharpens up the edges.

Well since it's already Christmas in Australia and since nowadays we just get our own gifts,  I can tell you I picked up a bandsaw and some stuff for the lathe.  

OK, I made a resolution to spend less and to keep an accurate accounting in 2019, ...but hey, it's still 2018!  I'm getting it now before I have to feel guilty about it.

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I got a new air compressor for Christmas. I stopped dragging my  2hp portable down the stairs because the dang thing is just too heavy yo move around frequently. This little guy would struggle with air tools on a car but is perfect for blowing out the DC filter or blowing dust off random stuff and running a pin nailer.

3984674486882573790.thumb.jpg.8028c9b9337df379e52e9644111a9448.jpg

I have one and bought t becuase it was so quiet, I love it. My son in law was more than happy to take my old PC :)

• Like 2

Mick, you made out like a bandit! “ But honey, I don’t have anything under the tree” :ph34r:! I hope you returned the favor! 

Kev, is the building to the left, your old (as in less than a year) shop? Do you foresee a covered walkway from your house for your wife to access her shop? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I hate to pick the best of the gifts from family and friends but this was special to me. Hand made by my son in my shop with me assisting, not knowing what it would be. I sold my company 3 years ago and the new owner changed the name slightly. My son somehow obtained a photo of the original sign that was on the building for years and recreated it in a smaller size. As I am still working there, it will share a space on my office wall. When I do decide to retire, it will become a permanent fixture in my shop. Handmade gifts are always cool.

F1C804AC-74A3-4E17-859D-29FC3416A5BD.thumb.jpeg.fab78d3e993bc9d2062544887e1c71d5.jpeg

He nailed it Coop, what a great gift from son to father, you raised him well

• Like 2

I visited my folks in Florida over New Year's. The aluminum sliding door in their condo (late 60's vintage, IIRC) was coming apart. One of the stiles (the non-handle side...go figure) was completely loose at the bottom. I needed something to press the stile back onto the glass (GENTLY!) and hold things together so I could drive some screws at the bottom. So I treated myself to a quartet of red sweeties from Bessey:

IMG_20190105_100909.thumb.jpg.81a2b2f8a16b69719394a390acbafb5d.jpg

And, wonder of wonders, it worked.  The door is holding together (for now?) and I didn't crack a six foot glass panel in the process. Boxing them up for the flight back north was a bit nervy. They arrived having been opened and repacked with a thoughtful note from the nice people at Thumb Suckers Anonymous, but they arrived none the worse for wear all the same.