Chestnut

8 Drawer Dresser In Walnut

Great job, love the figure, you really got the most out of that figured piece of walnut.

I too was wondering about how you were going to put the top on with all the drawers and dust frame in place. You had no choice but to use fasteners that allowed for wood movement since your sides were frame and panel. I'd be interested on any tricks you guys employ when confronted with the situation Drew had to deal with.

• Thanks 1

Another great piece Drew! The wood choice for the drawer fronts is amazing. I also like the hardware keeps the focus on the wood. Well done!!

On 2/26/2019 at 9:00 AM, Bmac said:

Great job, love the figure, you really got the most out of that figured piece of walnut.

I too was wondering about how you were going to put the top on with all the drawers and dust frame in place. You had no choice but to use fasteners that allowed for wood movement since your sides were frame and panel. I'd be interested on any tricks you guys employ when confronted with the situation Drew had to deal with.

I use something like this (https://www.amazon.com/TOOLTOO-Flexible-Extension-Screwdriver-Connection/dp/B074C6K2LW/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=flex+extension+drill&qid=1551281669&s=gateway&sr=8-17)

I really should get a right angle driver beings that i find myself in this situation more often than not. Festool offers a really nice solution for their drills but dang those are expensive and my dewalt drills are still goign strong. I watch C-list for a drill that the batteries are shot on but when they show up their are either the wrong voltage or look like they went through a cement mixer for a year.

31 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Another great piece Drew! The wood choice for the drawer fronts is amazing. I also like the hardware keeps the focus on the wood. Well done!!

I only had to veto 2 drawer pull styles to get something that was unassuming. She wanted those huge half clam looking ones first. I thought they would look awful. Megan then wanted 2 handles per drawer because they are on the wider side. With wooden slides 2 handles always leads to racking and can cause binding sometimes. I knew she'd get frustrated with that so i Insisted on 1 handle per drawer. After they were installed and she used the drawer for the first time it clicked and she realized why i said what i said. She isn't afraid to ask but she usually trusts me. Unless I'm on a snowy road and somehow stability and traction control are magically turned off :D.

• Haha 1