Coffee table design

SawDustB

Lag screws/bolts are a pretty positive attachment method but are you sure 4 will be enough?  I'd be worried about persons sitting on it and rocking it.  When something is this large and solid, people often assume that it's strong enough to be manhandled.

Another question I meant to post but apparently didn't - was the ink used to black the legs "printer's ink?" (Intended for use in printing presses.)

1 hour ago, Byrdie said:

Lag screws/bolts are a pretty positive attachment method but are you sure 4 will be enough?  I'd be worried about persons sitting on it and rocking it.  When something is this large and solid, people often assume that it's strong enough to be manhandled.

I'm not worried about it. They're about 2 1/2" into the bottom of the slab, and it's quite solid. The aluminum is a very tight fit and it's glued, so it structurally supports the base in addition to being a visual element. You'd be hard pressed to do anything to this to hurt it. The lag screws are really just needed so someone doesn't try to pick it up by the top and drop it on their foot.

1 hour ago, Byrdie said:

Another question I meant to post but apparently didn't - was the ink used to black the legs "printer's ink?" (Intended for use in printing presses.)

The ink is Speedball super black India ink, sold for art/calligraphy. I don't know much about ink, so not sure if that's the same thing. I picked it because it has a shellac base, so it's supposed to stay better without rubbing off.