Bmac

Small Sculptured End Table

Beautiful piece. Sculptures furniture has intimidated me since I started woodworking, but you made it look simple.  May have to remember this journal for a future project.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Jonathan, really beautiful piece. The first pic doesn’t do the top justice but the last two does well. Great job! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jonathan McCully said:

Beautiful piece. Sculptures furniture has intimidated me since I started woodworking, but you made it look simple.  May have to remember this journal for a future project.

Yes, if you want to try your hand at a sculptured piece, this is a great one to start with. Scott Morrison sells the patterns (there isn't much to them compared to other pieces) and he includes a simple instructional DVD. 

Great result on a (now) timeless design.  Sam left us a wonderful history of beautiful pieces of furniture. 

• Like 1

I like it too, and yes, sculpting has always intimidated me, as well as inlays and bowties and all that. I'm scared to ruin the wood and have to start over. My wood budget is strict. And my ego is far greater than my skills! :) 

• Haha 1