Exact Dado Width Jig

ben_r_

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I don't see any benefit of this over a KM-1 kerf master and even that is an expensive solution at $54. This is just absurd.

Oh yea, I LOVE my little KM-1. But youd kind have to have a couple things in order to make that work right? Like a guide rail / router interface setup, or a table saw and dado stack. With this method all you need is a handheld router.

1 hour ago, ben_r_ said:

Oh yea, I LOVE my little KM-1. But youd kind have to have a couple things in order to make that work right? Like a guide rail / router interface setup, or a table saw and dado stack. With this method all you need is a handheld router.

Yeah i guess but how many people do what we do with out a table saw. And you don't need a dado stack it just makes things faster. I did a few dados with my KM-2 and a standard FTG blade.

I'd argue that any one that sees this and is willing the front the cash will have all the tools to make a KM-1 work and probably will have a KM-1 to boot.

Table saw.  With the router if your milling thickness is a little thinner or thicker then the imperial or metric size of your router bits it can be a long day of chasing the size of the dado, on the table saw you may have to use a shim or two but you are there a lot faster.

14 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Curious do you guys typically use a router or TS for dado's? Regardless I'm not spending $330 on this but curious what others do, I typically use the TS.

For my last project I used the SCMS to make dado cuts, with a depth stop. I was very pleased with the results and perfect repeatability. Setup was also very easy.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, pkinneb said:

Curious do you guys typically use a router or TS for dado's? Regardless I'm not spending $330 on this but curious what others do, I typically use the TS.

I typically use a router on a guide rail along with the KM-1 for setup. More specifically a Festool OF 1400 and the MicroFence guide rail interface. Perfect dado widths every time along with perfectly flat bottoms as well. Sometimes that scratched bottom a dado stack can leave bugs me. Though it does give glue a place to go...

• Like 1

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian