Sign in to follow this  
TheAverageCraftsman

Router Table Cabinet

Nice project, Tim.  Have you done much router work with it yet?  I am wondering if you won't need an opening in the router box for in flow air for better cooling and dust collection.  My Bench Dog table doesn't have such an opening and I wish it did.  I end up propping the door open.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, BillyJack said:

There always interesting to build. Hope you enjoy. If you're ever near Jacobe furniture give a a hollar...

Thanks!

On 3/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, Mark J said:

Nice project, Tim.  Have you done much router work with it yet?  I am wondering if you won't need an opening in the router box for in flow air for better cooling and dust collection.  My Bench Dog table doesn't have such an opening and I wish it did.  I end up propping the door open.

I have not but I definitely will be in the very near future.  It's definitely something I'll need to look at.  I think maybe just a couple of holes in the bottom of the door should do it, hopefully.

Openings at the top directly on the feed and at the bottom where gravity is will definitely improve performance on larger bits. ...

router%20table.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 9:30 AM, BillyJack said:

Openings at the top directly on the feed and at the bottom where gravity is will definitely improve performance on larger bits. ...

router%20table.jpg

Thanks!  And wow, nice table!