hitechengineering

What is architectural millwork?

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and exploring more on woodworking and architectural millwork. I would like to know about what is architectural millwork and where is is used. Who uses it and what the benefits of it. Would love to get relevant answers from the experts in this field. Thanks in advance. 

For the most part it's the fancy trimwork used to enhance the visual aspect of a building. Some of it is built into the framing that you can see.   Tom is the guy to respond to this, as he does or use to restore antique buildings, constructed in the early part of America.

Anything and everything made out of wood that is custom made and isn't cabinets. Moldings, paneling, doors, fireplaces, etc.

• Like 1

I used to be an engineer at an architectural millwork management firm.  Architectural millwork covered pretty much any finish made of wood; cabinets, fridge panels, coffered ceilings, doors and windows, door and window casing, crown, base.  About the only thing we didnt handle that was made of wood was flooring.

I don’t think this was a legitimate question. The OP’s company (Same name as username, linked in profile) offers architectural millwork drafting services and claim to be experts in that field. Seems fishy. 

• Like 1