Chestnut

Veneer Adventures

Very cool! I bought some veneer supplies a while ago, but never actually got around to playing with them yet. I'll be interested to see how this goes. 

• Like 1

Great start, Drew.  Cutting through to layers at once was a good approach.  If you want to use my vacuum bag, let me know. 

BTW, you can use the blue tape to "pull' pieces tight to each other by taping perpendiulcar to a joint while stretching tape slightly.  Keep us posted.

• Thanks 1

Awesome, great start. Also glad to see a project in progress posted! This is a neat project to post.

• Thanks 1

Looks great Drew! I look forward to following along!

Nice job Ronn! You must be a really good teacher becuase that looks great :) 

• Thanks 1

Fully expect this to turn out as near perfect as possible.  Certainly looks like you're off to a good start!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ronn W said:

Great start, Drew.  Cutting through to layers at once was a good approach.  If you want to use my vacuum bag, let me know. 

BTW, you can use the blue tape to "pull' pieces tight to each other by taping perpendiulcar to a joint while stretching tape slightly.  Keep us posted.

Thanks. They are small enough i think I'll be good with cauls and clamps.  I did send you an email with a few questions when ever you get time.

35 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Thanks. They are small enough i think I'll be good with cauls and clamps.  I did send you an email with a few questions when ever you get time.

I did not get your email.  Will confirm my enail address in private message.

That looks darn cool so far. Looks like I’m going to learn a whole new game, no pun intended. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Chestnut, what would we ever do without blue tape? 

This is looking good, you’re a quick study :) 

Probably use green tape :D. I don't know, the stuff is really nice to have around.

• Like 1

Looks good - not your usual simple first veneer project.  Well Done. I like it.

• Thanks 1

Nice work, Drew! Not only is the fit near perfect, but that one maple (?) point with the abrosia streak highlights the fact that this is a handcrafted piece, not a factory run.

I like it.

• Thanks 1

Really nice, Drew! Makes me want to get started on one, but too many projects going right now to start another. Soon! Can't wait to see your next steps.

• Thanks 1