West Systems maintenance

Cliff

Living in IL, I have a lot of issues with changing temps and rust. The West systems 1 gal resign and 205/207 cans ted to get rusted on the top and start to leak. Wondering if anyone has a special process they use to keep their cans in good shape. The resin lasts forever so that is what i'm most worried about. West Systems should sell silicoine sleeves that cover every part of it except the nozzle. I'd totally buy that :D

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I keep mine inside as that's where my shop is and mine haven't rusted. Is it possible to store them inside and take them to your shop when you need them? I'm not grabbing for my epoxy very often so it wouldn't be that big of a pain.

I use quite a bit of walnut that has flaws that have to be filled so I use it pretty regularly. 

I'm not really sure what the deal is. I kept them inside last winter, but of course the only place my wife will let me store them was the basement, which is probably the worst place to keep them inside. 

I must have something crazy going on in my shop.