Router table

Hi all about to try and make a router table with some old bits I have. I have an old folding workbench I was going to use 2x large square 1/2" plywood I got from old pallets and other wood I have lying around. Question is will they be any good  any tips. Not much storage room hence folding workbench idea. If good idea will make table saw for my circular saw using same method.

Pretty new to this so any advice would be helpful.

Might not be a bad start to the support structure but I'd want the working surface of my table to be dead flat.  Unless you can work whatever you're intending to use as your table top to adequate flatness, I'd suggest investing for at least that part of it.

I do carpentry work when I need a router table I take this portable set uppost-2926-0-16332600-1344629272_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-31484700-1344629273_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-34372500-1344629274_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-06047000-1344629275_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-77478100-1344629275_thumb.jpgpost-2926-0-51898800-1344629276_thumb.jpgI also use the horses and grid  for many other purposes like breaking down plywood etc. for the router table it's just a piece of flat plywood I kicking around just routed a recess for my router plate to fit into everything just packs flat into my truck bed or leans against the wall in the shop when not used.

50 minutes ago, Trev Stevenson said:

If good idea will make table saw for my circular saw using same method.

When I see this being done with a circular saw it always scares the bejeebies out of me.  There are so many chances of getting hurt using a circ saw upside down.  There is no riving knife and kick backs can cause the whole saw and top to become airborne.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chet said:

When I see this being done with a circular saw it always scares the bejeebies out of me.  There are so many chances of getting hurt using a circ saw upside down.  There is no riving knife and kick backs can cause the whole saw and top to become airborne.

Got to agree with that, set up a tracksaw type arrangement for your cuts or find a good table saw. A decent contractor saw can be set into your table safely if thats all you can afford.