Help with Paulk Workbench plan interpretation

I'm making the Paulk Workbench and have bought the plans, although I'm making just the workbench top with storage below.  I cannot post any of it here to protect his plans.  For those of you who have the plans handy, maybe you can interpret something I'm confused on.  I'm make the 4 pieces with the routed holes along the edges and interior that provide storage.  On piece 5 in the plans, on each of the routed holes he has the following:  1' 1 1/2".  I'm perplexed at what dimension this is.  Underneath it, it lists 343mm.  The lines indicate this may be the rectangle dimension.

My thought is that it's a 13" long rectangle before you start the 1/2 circle at each end and that the holes themselves are 1/2" from the edge of each side.  Or maybe it's trying to communicate 13.5" is the size of the rectangle?

Can someone clear this up for me.  I know I'll feel stupid once you explain it, but please do.....

Also, I need an idea for telescoping legs for the four corners of this bench to provide stability.  They will attach to a 2x4 frame that attaches to the electronic lift bracket.  As you may recall from another post, I'm mounting just the worktop to an adjustable height electric lift I was given from a dispatch center.  I'll need support at each corner but the legs need to be adjustable so I can take advantage of raising and lowering the table as I see fit for what I'm working on.  It has to be a solution with major adjustment, not just a few inches as leveling feet provide.  It seems to me this table has a range of about 24 inches of lift so a sliding leg with bolts and wingnuts may work.  Appreciate any input here.

6 minutes ago, Tobykanobe said:

Anyone on telescoping/adjustable legs?

I know there are a number of commercially sold assembly tables that are adjustable, most are a hydraulic systems.  The challenge would be designing something, whether it is made from medal or wood, that will adjust easily and smoothly.  Anything else will become a frustration over time. 

Probably would be easier to read if it were written 1' - 1.5".  Again, not seeing the plans it would be difficult to guess exactly what that means.

As far as the telescoping legs, I'd assume they'd also have to lock at their desired height.  Not sure what would be a good system if you have multiple legs that need to work in concert.  At the very least it'd be some sort of sleeve with an insert that works as a piston.